New and Improved Update Guide for Upgrading the Samsung ATIV SE to Win 10?

David Jewers

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
The phone in the pic is not an Ativ SE as it would have had Verizon written where Samsung logo. So It's either an Ativ or Ativ S, but definitely not an Ativ SE. However i'd like to see if it works on an SE

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
It's quite odd. I received an email (because I still monitor this thread, just so everyone knows) from a user in the Ukraine who bought our phone and had some questions. Problem is, the post does not show up here on the site. Anyone have any ideas why this might happen? Or is the email possibly a hoax? The user is Alex LoaderShot.

- RW

Alex LoaderShot

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Dear rmabwing5, i was deleted message and start new theme. This is the text from there
====================================
Hello guys. Im from Ukraine, bought SE phone and try to update it to win10. Guides used from another theme and 4pda posts. So i cant do it because when i try tp update inside say SERVER ERROR "A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. Please check the date/time of your device and its network connection and try again".
This problem have i and other people from ukraine, russia. So friend updated his phone 11.22.16, but since 11.24.16 cant do that. Can any one help me? Tnx a lot for answers.
Tnx a lot for answer. Another information that user from russia cant update win8.1 to win 8.1.2 with the same reason.

Last edited:

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Dear rmabwing5, i was deleted message and start new theme. This is the text from there

Tnx a lot for answer. Another information that user from russia cant update win8.1 to win 8.1.2 with the same reason.

I'm not familiar how things work in any country outside the USA but try setting your phone up to US english. Make sure everything is set as if you were in the US then try again. Not sure if it will work or not, but worth a try. Anyone else have any insight on this? Also, use the guide in the beginning of this thread. You have to perform everything in a meticulous order or updating will fail.

- RW

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Do not do a manual flash Alex. Atleast I would not recommend this. What would be adivsable is to look and follow RW's detailed guide to the word. As it is tested and we can all verify the steps in there and lend assistance and help. :)

-- W

Alex LoaderShot

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
This is from my theme.
Can't update to Win10 either :eck: Rolled back using WP Recovery Tool to Win8, updated to 8.1 but I get the same error all over and over again. I tried to set the time/ time zone and date both manually and automatically, but Windows Insider app won't let me update to Win10 :cry:

I am from Moldova.

Do not do a manual flash Alex. Atleast I would not recommend this. What would be adivsable is to look and follow RW's detailed guide to the word. As it is tested and we can all verify the steps in there and lend assistance and help. :)

-- W

Dear Werentuckl.Tnx for answer. What i found today. All things what i have to install by guide, i installed on PHONE, not SD card. Thats very strange because i set "Install new apps on SD card", mb problem in it too. BUT, in all tis theme people said that SE cant found an update. My problem, that app for insiders says to me -----SERVER ERROR "A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. Please check the date/time of your device and its network connection and try again"----- So cant choose Fast or Slow ring exaple.
So i hit "get builds" and see that message. So now i stucked on windows 8.10.14219.341б branch WPB_CXE_R1
Im trying tommorow once more.

Last edited:

Alex LoaderShot

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
You want to say, that my problem is not my own or country problem. Thats a microsoft work)
----------------------------------------
So guys, i did every thing what i can. Even tools like "is yout phone prepared to update?" say YES, going 5 minutes - "NO". But every time i have the same. So i decided reset phone and install "windows insider" app. I will run it some times.
Thank you all for the help.

Last edited:

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Anybody have this problem; I start with this:
View attachment 132325

and then get this:
View attachment 132326

this has been happening for about 2 weeks or so....

Darrell, my phone has been downloading that update for over a week now. It was stuck on 80% for about 4 or 5 days then went to 95% where it has been for 3 days. MS has got to get on the ball and fix these update downloads. They are beginning to be a PITA. By the way, it's not our phones either, there are people out there with qualifying phones that are having similar issues.

- RW

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Darrell, my phone has been downloading that update for over a week now. It was stuck on 80% for about 4 or 5 days then went to 95% where it has been for 3 days. MS has got to get on the ball and fix these update downloads. They are beginning to be a PITA. By the way, it's not our phones either, there are people out there with qualifying phones that are having similar issues.

- RW

Thanks for the info RW.

Brad Herr

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I have not been able to get this guide to work. Every time I get to the point where I'm supposed to patch Additional Call Settings, CustomWPSystem crashes and takes me back to the app list. Any thoughts?

Keep in mind, I wrote one of the original guides to doing this back in the day, so I'm no noob, but clearly I'm missing something :)

Update: I'm wondering if it has something to do with the txt file. When I look in the documents folder, I find a new folder called "debug" with one file in it called "CustomWPSystem - bc62fd8a-b82" but the Non-Production Errors.txt file is unchanged. Thoughts?

Last edited:

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Battery Life Issue on new Build 14393.479

Hey everyone!

My phone just recently downloaded the new build 14393.479 the other day, and since being installed, the battery life went from excellent to absolutely dismal. I could go through over a day without charging before, and now I cant even get a couple hours! Its draining at over 1% per minute without me doing anything to my phone and all apps closed. I looked at the battery usage and it looks like my Podcasts (Beta) app is using a lot of juice in the background but it's not running at all and notifications are off. It never did that before the update.

Any one else have a similar issue with battery and any apps running amok in the background with the latest build? Also, should I stop updates from auto installing?

Any and all info is truly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
This all so very strange out of the blue. Everyone having issues. And I'm glad you managed to get on the update Alex. Brad, RW might be able to be of more help here but have you also gone through Jeemo's guide as well? Puck, this is very odd. This update is purported to have brought battery improvements for the platform, I cant tell from personal experience too well because my phone usage has become very minimal of late. But I am hoping someone here can give us the heads up a little better? Hopefully. :)

-- W

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone!

My phone just recently downloaded the new build 14393.479 the other day, and since being installed, the battery life went from excellent to absolutely dismal. I could go through over a day without charging before, and now I cant even get a couple hours! Its draining at over 1% per minute without me doing anything to my phone and all apps closed. I looked at the battery usage and it looks like my Podcasts (Beta) app is using a lot of juice in the background but it's not running at all and notifications are off. It never did that before the update.

Any one else have a similar issue with battery and any apps running amok in the background with the latest build? Also, should I stop updates from auto installing?

Any and all info is truly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

This all so very strange out of the blue. Everyone having issues. And I'm glad you managed to get on the update Alex. Brad, RW might be able to be of more help here but have you also gone through Jeemo's guide as well? Puck, this is very odd. This update is purported to have brought battery improvements for the platform, I cant tell from personal experience too well because my phone usage has become very minimal of late. But I am hoping someone here can give us the heads up a little better? Hopefully. :)

-- W

My phone updated to 14393.479 also. But, I don't seem to have any battery life issues. I haven't charged it in two days and I still have 43% (1 day 6 hours) left. This is while playing Groove Music for hours and other minimal usage. I certainly can't complain.

As for Jeemo's guide, unless he's done with his updates that he was going to do about two months ago, I would not use it at this time. In fact, he has sent people here to use my guide. It should work unless MS has changed something, AGAIN, that makes it impossible for non-qualified phones to update, meaning even hacked ones. If anyone knows if there are any things I need to update or change, let me know. I want to keep this guide as current as possible.

- RW

Brad Herr

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not sure what the issue is. Could be I missed a step, but I've gone through it a few times, and I always get stuck in the same spot. CustomWPSystem crashes when applying the patch. I'm thinking user error... just not sure exactly where I'm going wrong.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not sure what the issue is. Could be I missed a step, but I've gone through it a few times, and I always get stuck in the same spot. CustomWPSystem crashes when applying the patch. I'm thinking user error... just not sure exactly where I'm going wrong.

I'll do a restore to Win 8.0 and start over (test phone). I will let you know how it goes. What's the worst that can happen? :straight:

- RW

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, I never was successful at installing 14965 on my test phone. Right now it's downloading 14977.1000. Not sure how it's going to go, but we'll see. Then I need to reset it to Windows 8.0 to test my guide. I need to see if everything still work

@Brad I'll let you know.

- RW

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, I can report back with the stellar battery figures too. I'm getting similar uptime of two plus days as RW with my gradually reducing usage of phones. And this is without any hard resets at all whatsoever, since even the first 10586 upgrade/install on it. Tell us how it goes with the guide RW my friend. :)

-- W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad