New and Improved Update Guide for Upgrading the Samsung ATIV SE to Win 10?

TechGuru

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Been holding onto my ATIV SE for Windows 10. Finally installed 14393.726.
Anyone experience no LTE data coverage? Seems on my iOS device LTE holds strong during my daily routine of home-work-home, but the ATIV I only seem to get 3G everywhere and nearly no LTE, or LTE for 2 minutes after a re-boot.
Also, a few times per day, when typing either a text or FB post, the device locks up, then reboots on me.
Other than these 2 things, the OS is rock solid and I much prefer it over boring iPhone.

Adam

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Been holding onto my ATIV SE for Windows 10. Finally installed 14393.726.
Anyone experience no LTE data coverage? Seems on my iOS device LTE holds strong during my daily routine of home-work-home, but the ATIV I only seem to get 3G everywhere and nearly no LTE, or LTE for 2 minutes after a re-boot.
Also, a few times per day, when typing either a text or FB post, the device locks up, then reboots on me.
Other than these 2 things, the OS is rock solid and I much prefer it over boring iPhone.

Adam

I personally have not had any problems with LTE. 14393.726 is the latest Release Preview, which I run on my daily driver. If you feel daring, you can try to go to Slow ring or Fast ring; but be advised that these can produce other problems. I haven't seen much in way of problems with the latest Fast ring build of 15014.1000 (on my test phone) but I haven't come close to touching everything in it. I don't have any phone on Slow ring so I can't comment on that. If you still have problems, try starting over by resetting your phone back to 8.1, I have the flashing software in the link on the first page. It's pretty straight forward if you've never done it before. Or, try performing a hard reset under settings/system/about. Beware this may screw things up with signing into MS account. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Let me know how it works out.

- RW

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded my ATIV to 726 and so far running great. Half tempted to buy a new battery for it off Amazon and put it back in service. Got a LG V20 in November and realizing why I hated Android.

Yes there is an "app gap", but for me that "gap" is the sad quality of apps on Android compared to what is on Windows Mobile.

The MS Office apps are clunky, more than half the time Office Lens will not upload to my One Drive, and Android's text prediction and keyboard controls suck really bad.

Please Verizon, get a new Windows phone in the next year, I hate this Android kluge.

Last edited:

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm back! I sold my other one a few months back, got another now but having super major problems.....

For the life of me I cannot get store to work so I cannot progress past installing windows insider.
I get error c101b000.
I've tried 3 freeking msn accounts (including a create a new one), soft & hard resets, with and without an sd card in, flash back to 8.0 and i still get that stupid error.

Wtf is going on? Is store not working?
The apps either dont start downloading/installing at all or get to halfway then that stupid code error.

Tried 2 different routers too.

Extra screwed up thing is did one just fine a few days ago sold and sent it off.

Have I been ip blocked or some crazy bs?

The only way i can think of at this point is if i had the windows insider xap and deployed it and probably I would need the call settings xap as well ffs.

Any ideas/help?

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm back! I sold my other one a few months back, got another now but having super major problems.....

For the life of me I cannot get store to work so I cannot progress past installing windows insider.
I get error c101b000.
I've tried 3 freeking msn accounts (including a create a new one), soft & hard resets, with and without an sd card in, flash back to 8.0 and i still get that stupid error.

Wtf is going on? Is store not working?
The apps either dont start downloading/installing at all or get to halfway then that stupid code error.

Tried 2 different routers too.

Extra screwed up thing is did one just fine a few days ago sold and sent it off.

Have I been ip blocked or some crazy bs?

The only way i can think of at this point is if i had the windows insider xap and deployed it and probably I would need the call settings xap as well ffs.

Any ideas/help?

Sounds odd. I did a quick Google search and came up with archaic results that stated to just keep trying, eventually it works. To me that's not a solution. Try flashing the phone back to 8.0 again. Make sure when you set it up you allow all apps to update before upgrading to 8.1. To do this; when you are setting up the phone initially, turn on update apps automatically. Then when upgrading to 8.1; don't let apps update. Next update to Win10M. Let apps update. Not sure if this will work but give it a try. Let us know if it doesn't work; or if it does work. I can't see that it has anything to do with IP blocking. If that was the case you wouldn't even get logged into your MS account.

- RW

Last edited:

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know of a way to uninstall or reinstall/fix he Maps app on Windows 10 on the ATIV SE?

I'm still having issues where the app says "No GPS" and the application has become near useless. The GPS seems to be working fine with other apps except Maps. I'd hate to do a hard reset if I don;t have to right now. I'm on build 14393.726 at the moment and havent done a clean reset/install of Windows 10 since sometime over the summer (If that matters at all.) It used to work for what it's worth.

If I do a hard reset under Windows 10, what is the quickest way to edit the registry so I can get back on the Insider Preview Update downloads?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be truly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know of a way to uninstall or reinstall/fix he Maps app on Windows 10 on the ATIV SE?

I'm still having issues where the app says "No GPS" and the application has become near useless. The GPS seems to be working fine with other apps except Maps. I'd hate to do a hard reset if I don;t have to right now. I'm on build 14393.726 at the moment and havent done a clean reset/install of Windows 10 since sometime over the summer (If that matters at all.) It used to work for what it's worth.

If I do a hard reset under Windows 10, what is the quickest way to edit the registry so I can get back on the Insider Preview Update downloads?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be truly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Hey Puck,

Just a warning here; doing a hard reset may or may not screw up your account login with MS. I did it once and it worked fine, the next time I did it it f'ed up my phone. And since I pretty much put my USB ports out of commission on both my PCs (it ended up being a bad USB cable (New one)), I can't flash it back to 8.0 right now. Anyhow, if a hard reset doesn't kill your login, the best thing to do after that is to unlock your phone again then install Interop Tools (Beta). You can follow my tutorial in the beginning where it mentions the key values but you will have to enter things manually. If you have any questions PM me.

- RW

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey All,

I'm not too sure my USB ports are the problem, after all. I installed the binary tool onto my wife's laptop and tried to reflash my phone back to 8.0. The flash utility didn't see my phone on there either. I'm at a loss of why all of a sudden the flash tool (binary) won't see my phones. Any ideas? By the way, I used different cables and the phones are being recognized by the different computers (Win Explorer).

- RW

UPDATE: Decided to try again using yet another USB port on the back of my PC. It decided to work....so, I am now resetting my phone to 8.0.

- RW

Last edited:

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: New and Improved Update Guide for Upgrading the Samsung ATIV SE to Win 10

AbitoMAX,

Make sure you're in the "Download" screen. To get there shut off phone then restart it while holding the start, volume up, and home button at the same time.

- RW

wraedeo_hed

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Howdy folks, looks like I'm going to take the jump and try this on my ATIV SE, and if successful will start using this again on Verizon. Otherwise I'll just get a Idol 4S and move to T-Mobile.

Are the directions on the guide all up to date? Meaning, are the steps current to process?

psanders

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
From the previous page about texting not working after one of the updates. I had the same thing happen to me and a hard reset corrected it.

Any idea when release preview will move off of 14393?

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Howdy folks, looks like I'm going to take the jump and try this on my ATIV SE, and if successful will start using this again on Verizon. Otherwise I'll just get a Idol 4S and move to T-Mobile.

Are the directions on the guide all up to date? Meaning, are the steps current to process?

wraedeo_hed,

Yes, the directions are up to date (they haven't changed for some time now). Follow them precisely and you shouldn't have any problems. Let me know if you have any problems, just in case MS snuck something in.

- RW

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
From the previous page about texting not working after one of the updates. I had the same thing happen to me and a hard reset corrected it.

Any idea when release preview will move off of 14393?

psanders,

My guess is that RP will not change until MS pushes out their annual release in June. That's when we received 14393 last year. If you want quicker updates you will have to move to the Slow or Fast ring. But beware, these rings can introduce bugs. So they are not recommended for a daily driver.

- RW

Asoulintime1982

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
I have tried your guide several times and can not get windows 10. I tired after a hard reset and it says no updates available. then I reset my phone back to 8.0 applied all OTA updates to 8.10.14203.306 and after that tried again then it just installed 8.10.14219.341 and then said no updates available after that. I have a Verizon SM-W750V

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I have tried your guide several times and can not get windows 10. I tired after a hard reset and it says no updates available. then I reset my phone back to 8.0 applied all OTA updates to 8.10.14203.306 and after that tried again then it just installed 8.10.14219.341 and then said no updates available after that. I have a Verizon SM-W750V

Try rebooting first. If that doesn't work, open the Windows Insider app and it might ask you to reboot your phone. Generally rebooting has to be performed after running the insiders app again. Let me know how it goes.

- RW

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Okay, anyone still listening in, I'm trying to get the latest Fast ring update (15055) and I keep getting the same error. Let me start by saying I did the same thing I did in the past, namely, Hard Reset, then try to update. That didn't work so well this time, I couldn't sign into my MS account, so I did the usual restore back to 8.0 and upgraded. I got to the 15051 update on Slow ring but cannot go any further after switching to Fast ring. I'm still not sure how to get around this. Anyone know?

The error is: "There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070273)"

When I search for that specific error code, I come up blank as far as what is happening.

- RW

Abdominal Snoman

Mar 17, 2017
Visit site
One quick note, step 13 f, Click on "Download from Store", doesn't work any more. You have to open the store app and search for additional call settings, published by samsung, install it, and then proceed with the rest of the guide.

Thanks for the great guide.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss