New and Improved Update Guide for Upgrading the Samsung ATIV SE to Win 10?

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
So, I started over at 8.1 and upgraded to 15063.2 again but still can't get any further. I guess the days of starting over working to get the latest Fast ring upgrade are over also. I will keep looking to see if there is another work around.

- RW

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey, all, just dropping in to say hi. And let RMA know I'm still alive mate, even if I've been gone for the better part of half a year or so. And good to see our community still in place, even if its only hanging on by a thread. My ATIV SE is facing imminent retirement as the phone finally 'crapped out' in the words of RMA. Around 14393.1066 when the wifi finally gave out. I'm going to hard reset it. And see if I want to get back into insider builds or make my peace with never seeing the creators update, as of right now.

-- W

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
So, I started over at 8.1 and upgraded to 15063.2 again but still can't get any further. I guess the days of starting over working to get the latest Fast ring upgrade are over also. I will keep looking to see if there is another work around.

- RW

I have an actual Lumia Icon now and that can't go past 15063.2 so I wouldn't stress that the Ativ SE can't progress past that since its pretending to be an Icon, I guess the only option left is to fake another model reg settings...

jacksonmf

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried this since the guide has been updated to use the 950 instead of the ICON? I tried last night and it was going along fine until it installed the update that preps the phone for the windows 10 update. After installing it went into a bootloop. I figured I screwed something up and so I restored to 8 and tried again. The exact same thing happened. So I went to the internet archive wayback machine and found the old instructions for using the ICON, used those and worked perfect. I have done this guide several times in past few months so I'm not completely new at this.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: So I'm still on 15063.251, however I just noticed this news story linked to in the forums on WindowsCentral:

https://www.onmsft.com/news/microso...ows-10-mobile-creators-update-release-preview

Basically, Microsoft is claiming that unsupported devices using the Release Preview Ring in the Windows Insider Program.

I think WIP updated recently as I had to reset my phone to set up the program under settings. I tried updating the phone under "Phone Update" but it still can't get past initializing the 1703 Windows 10 for ARM update.

I will keep everyone posted as to if and when I get any new builds.

SIDE NOTE: In other news, it looks like HP is either releasing an updated version of, or are certifying the current the Elite X3 for use on Verizon! If (and when) this comes to fruition, I will be hoping on it immediately. Should be an excellent upgrade in almost every way to the ATIV SE.

https://www.windowscentral.com/hp-elite-x3-may-soon-be-headed-verizon

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if anyone is following this thread anymore or not, but if so, have a question.

I reset my SE per the instructions in the OP from PuckCowboy. It wall went well, just that right now I am stuck on the "final" 8.1 update, and even after a couple days, it still will not try to pull Win10 through the Insider Preview using the Release Preview track.

Any advice on either nudging it onto Win10 IP, or with the recent changes MS has made to the Mobile group, is it stuck on 8.1?

If it is stuck on 8.1, it's cool. I am using it as a media player like an Ipod. I have a 32Gb Sd card loaded with my music, and going to use it to pull podcasts via Wi-Fi. Love the screen for reading and for comics, so either way I am good. Just would have liked Win10 back on there. I had reflashed it back to 8.0 after having some problems several months back, then just set it on a shelf.

I am waiting for the HP X3 to come to VZW. If it does, there goes my year-end bonus probably. :)

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: New and Improved Update Guide for Upgrading the Samsung ATIV SE to Win 10

Reckon you need to download upgrade advisor app first. Then, check using the app to see if your device is eligible and proceed from there. Not too sure if MS had already pulled out that app from their Store.

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: New and Improved Update Guide for Upgrading the Samsung ATIV SE to Win 10

Reckon you need to download upgrade advisor app first. Then, check using the app to see if your device is eligible and proceed from there. Not too sure if MS had already pulled out that app from their Store.

Thank for the suggestion. That was the first thing I tried after it wouldn't start pulling the update. I may just go back on the wayback machine and find the old setting for the Nokia 927 I think it was. If that won't work, may just call it quits and use it as it is.

Keeping my fingers crossed the X3 makes it's way to VZW in the next few weeks.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Don't know if anyone is following this thread anymore or not, but if so, have a question.

I reset my SE per the instructions in the OP from PuckCowboy. It wall went well, just that right now I am stuck on the "final" 8.1 update, and even after a couple days, it still will not try to pull Win10 through the Insider Preview using the Release Preview track.

Any advice on either nudging it onto Win10 IP, or with the recent changes MS has made to the Mobile group, is it stuck on 8.1?

If it is stuck on 8.1, it's cool. I am using it as a media player like an Ipod. I have a 32Gb Sd card loaded with my music, and going to use it to pull podcasts via Wi-Fi. Love the screen for reading and for comics, so either way I am good. Just would have liked Win10 back on there. I had reflashed it back to 8.0 after having some problems several months back, then just set it on a shelf.

I am waiting for the HP X3 to come to VZW. If it does, there goes my year-end bonus probably. :)

I'm no expert on Verizon or W10M, but I doubt they will ever bring on the X3; W10M is basically a dead platform now so it wouldn't be in their best interest to do so. As far as the system upgrade, If you never had W10M on your phone, it will probably never have it. I say this because, since MS change there qualified phone list again, I haven't been able to upgrade past W10M 15063.251; even with my phone hacked to the Lumia 950. Not sure why.

- RW

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I sold my W10M Test phone. I will be selling my Daily Driver soon. Since the App situation is getting worse, I need a phone that has some Apps I want. Unfortunately, as much as I love W10M, I have to switch over to Android. I'm no fan of Android, but it seems to be the only answer to the App thing and I will never buy an iPhone. I'll go without first. I won't be monitoring this thread anymore once I sell my DD. I hope the very few that are left can help out others that are in need. It was a great run while it lasted.

- RW

Asoulintime1982

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
Well my partner just got an actual Nokia 929. And he got all the way up to 15063.608. So Microsoft is still allowing the 929 to get the latest builds. I am stuck at 15063.2 and keep getting the 0x80070273 error.

Matthew Carr

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Well my partner just got an actual Nokia 929. And he got all the way up to 15063.608. So Microsoft is still allowing the 929 to get the latest builds. I am stuck at 15063.2 and keep getting the 0x80070273 error.

I set my ICON to mimic a Lumia 550 and got it up to the 10.0.1525. Just sold it on eBay last week.Screen Shot of ICON.png

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
To upgrde phones from 8.1 to W10M I would recommend reading though and following this guide. It says for Lumias but when you go to the XDA thread you will find Versions of cab files official from Microsoft that are for all OEMs including Samsung and others. I share that link because there is no real easy way to upgrade from 8.1. Microsoft closed most those doors already.

As a side note, I myself am waiting on the X3 to arrive for VZ. It is only a matter of time. Maybe by next week we will see it go up for sale...

Last edited:

Matthew Carr

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
CAN'T UPGRADE beyond 10.0.15063. There is a thread over at the XDA site that looks like some guy has figured out how to get past the 0x80070273 error. It looks like gibberish to me but maybe it would make sense to one of you guys...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb