I am interested in getting this phone as they can be found very cheaply and looks to have good specs. I want to use this on cricket wireless (at&t owned and uses their towers) in the US. I have read the posts on upgrading to Windows 10 and it looks like you can unhide the MMS settings so it will work with other carriers. Am I missing something? Does anyone run this phone on Windows 10 with a carrier other than Verizon? Does it work well and can it be used as a daily driver?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    09-15-2016 10:24 AM
    Hi, I'm not sure how you intend to get Windows 10 on the phone as it isn't a supported device.
    There are hack routes, but I can't imagine Win10 runs great otherwise it would still be part of the Insider program.
    09-15-2016 10:33 AM
    I own the Ativ SE. I have also successfully used it on AT&T up to the newest Windows 10 Mobile insider build .105. I only use it as a temporary device when I need to.

You will never get 4G LTE on it. Also know the registry editor is your friend, if you want it to work well enough on AT&T, minus the LTE part. You will need to know how to correct the needed registry setting to get AT&T MMS working.

I would not say it works perfectly on the W10M insider builds, but it that is what you get with a beta updated OS.
    09-15-2016 12:09 PM
    Thanks Nate! Exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I went ahead and bought one. Hopefully it works out.
    09-16-2016 07:00 AM