Installing InteropTools on the Samsung ATIV SE After Upgrading to Win10M

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Here is a quick guide to install InteropTools onto your Samsung ATIV SE phone AFTER installing Windows 10 Mobile.

Installing InteropTools to perform registry changes within Win 10 Mobile

Go here to download InteropTools and the dependency files needed to run it.
Look for the latest release.
Once you have all the files downloaded do the following.
1. Plug your phone into your computer via the USB cable
2. Open your phone's folders using your PC
3. Copy the files you downloaded into your phone's Downloads folder (or where ever is convenient to you)
4. Tap each dependency file one by one to install them onto your phone. NOTE: there will be NO confirmation; just wait about 10-15 seconds between each install
5. Once all the dependency files are installed, tap to install InteropTools
6. Once InteropTools is installed, registry editing can be performed

If there are any errors in this guide, please let me know.

- RW

Last edited:

chuy10

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello rmabwing5;

can you please show how to modify the registry using interoptools?; if you can show how to modify the "PhoneManufacturer" it will be great.
Thanks for the tutorials and for taking the time to help.

ch

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello rmabwing5;

can you please show how to modify the registry using interoptools?; if you can show how to modify the "PhoneManufacturer" it will be great.
Thanks for the tutorials and for taking the time to help.

ch

Sorry for the late response, been busy. I will get back with you on this or a better person to ask, because he may have it installed still (I don't) is Jeemo. Give him a PM and see if he can help before I can get the chance. Just let me know if you do and he does.

Thanks

- RW

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Here is a quick guide to install InteropTools onto your Samsung ATIV SE phone AFTER installing Windows 10 Mobile.

Installing InteropTools to perform registry changes within Win 10 Mobile

Go here to download InteropTools and the dependency files needed to run it.
Once you have all the files downloaded do the following.
1. Plug your phone into your computer via the USB cable
2. Open your phone's folders using your PC
3. Copy the files you downloaded into your phone's Downloads folder (or where ever is convenient to you)
4. Tap each dependency file one by one to install them onto your phone. NOTE: there will be NO confirmation; just wait about 10-15 seconds between each install
5. Once all the dependency files are installed, tap to install InteropTools
6. Once InteropTools is installed, registry editing can be performed

If there are any errors in this guide, please let me know.

- RW

Thanks RW. Question: do you know how to enable AWS bands 1700 or 2400 on our Ativ SE phones? Is there a way to do this through your registry editor? Did Verizon 'hide' this (like the MMS settings). I've switched from Telus to Wind/Freedom mobility; I can't seem to get this phone to find their AWS 'home' network; it always wants to roam....
I bought a Lumia 650 from the Microsoft store (because it was half price on sale - $99 CAD), and it works perfectly on Wind/Freedom. Great little phone for the price, but...the Ativ SE is still a better phone; I can't let it go! I just can't get it to work on their network, even though when I type the IMEI number into their 'compatibility' search engine, and it says that my phone should work (it shows our phone as a 'Galaxy' family phone). Any ideas?

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for late reply, I don't monitor this thread like I should. I have no idea how to do what you're asking. Sorry about that.

- RW

David Jewers

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
For Verizon
Also known as Samsung W750V
NETWORK Technology
GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
2G bands CDMA 800 / 1900
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G bands CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100