Blackjack2/WM6 mods wanted

dh75

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Since I got the Blackjack II, I've done some initial searching on how to customize the UI in ways, but there are reports of bugs afterwards and other undesirable trade-offs. Here's what I'd like to do, and if anyone knows how to do so with an elegant, bug-minimal solution, thanks!

1. Threaded SMS (like the treo) without losing MMS and in fact including the MMS messages in the same threads.

2. More / customizable layout of the home page without having to hack XML or some other system file(s).

Thanks!

Dieter Bohn

Ex Editor in Chief
Feb 1, 2001
smartphoneexperts.com
Since I got the Blackjack II, I've done some initial searching on how to customize the UI in ways, but there are reports of bugs afterwards and other undesirable trade-offs. Here's what I'd like to do, and if anyone knows how to do so with an elegant, bug-minimal solution, thanks!

1. Threaded SMS (like the treo) without losing MMS and in fact including the MMS messages in the same threads.

2. More / customizable layout of the home page without having to hack XML or some other system file(s).

Thanks!

Heh, you and be both, bub! :eek:

I think for threaded SMS your best bet is going to be going with a secondary app instead of a full-on hack. Check out Extreme Text.

As for homescreen customizations, I find them to be a huge pain too. Unfortunately, knowing which way to proceed there depends heavily on what exactly you're trying to get into the homescreen. Unlike Pro, it's not as easy to add and remove stuff on the fly even with some of the support apps out there, IMO.

CycleNC

Feb 5, 2007
Visit site
Homescreen customization

I am strongly considering switching to the BJII from the Treo 700w. I've done a bit of research on the homescreen customization, and the Facade forums over at SBSH.net have lots of people doing some nice things wtih the homescreen. I would recommend checking that out to see if it interests you.

I too will miss the threaded SMS that was pulled from the Treo 750. I think I remember reading somewhere that WM 6.1 *might* have threaded SMS and that the BJII would be one of the 2 named devices that supports 6.1. Now, whether or not the BJII actual gets the update... that's another story.

BreaKDoWn

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
I am strongly considering switching to the BJII from the Treo 700w. I've done a bit of research on the homescreen customization, and the Facade forums over at SBSH.net have lots of people doing some nice things wtih the homescreen. I would recommend checking that out to see if it interests you.

I too will miss the threaded SMS that was pulled from the Treo 750. I think I remember reading somewhere that WM 6.1 *might* have threaded SMS and that the BJII would be one of the 2 named devices that supports 6.1. Now, whether or not the BJII actual gets the update... that's another story.

Supposedly 6.1 will have threaded SMS. We shall see. I actually have a BJI and I just updated to WM6 and lost txtman in the process. :( It doesn't work with WM6

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
This may sound crazy but I had the same reservations about the home screen. However, after 1) installing Facade and 2) getting used to the BJII I don't miss the WM Pro home screen that much.

The only thing I miss on the home screen is the speed dial buttons. The more I use the keypad speed dial, the more I remember what phone number is where and the less I miss this feature.

I'm also remembering more often that there's an email button on the keypad which speed things up but it would be nice to see on the home screen which account the new mail is under.

I had used the Treo 750 for about 1.5 years before jumping ship to the BJII. I'm finding most of the differences in these two systems are ones that simply need some time to get used to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs