WinMo 6.1/6.5/7 on Ace SPH-i325 on Bell? (and SDHC)

Futurdreamz

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
WinMo 6.1 on Ace SPH-i325 on Bell? (and SDHC?)

Hi, four months into my three-year contract with Bell Mobility I got my Storm wet and killed it. I didn't think it would be necessary to spend the $7/mo for insurance and there is no way to replace it ore repair it and the ETF is $400, so I'm stuck with a three-year contract and no phone. So looking on Bell's website, I saw that they were offering the Samsung Ace SPH-i325 for $99 WITHOUT a contract, which I confirmed with the local retailer. ..
I notice that Bell states it comes with OS 6.0, and I'm wondering if it can be upgraded to WinMo OS 6.1?
Also, .is it possible to enable SDHC on this phone? Because I'd like to use the 8gb card that was bundled with the Storm instead of just using the 2GB that came with it.

thanks.

Last edited:

Futurdreamz

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
Bell Samsung Ace Recover MEID?

Thanks for the help, guys.
Even more reaserch states that maximum would be 6.1, as 6.5 requires a 400mHz processor, and 7 needs more.
I'm still trying to figure out if Bell offers OS 6.1 for this phone, and how hard if possible is it to enable sdhc support.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have looked around a bit but I think you have found the same things I did bell does not have an 6.1 upgrade for this PPC. Sprint USA upgraded to 6.1 but I have been unsuccessful finding an upgrade for Bell. Sorry but no SDHC support that I can find ether looks like 2 GB is the max. I wish I had better news for you maybe there is a way to adapt the Sprint rom to work on Bell unfortunately I don't have those skills. Here is the link to the Sprint ROM:

http://www.samsungmobileusa.com/i325/upgrade/

I am in the US so I might not be getting all the available information I would recommend searching that site form your location you might get better results. I hope that helps.

Futurdreamz

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I finally found the update page at Bell, and it says "i325.06 B.BD10" is the latest version.
Would it be possible to install the sprint version without it borking my connection or whatever?
I know that it is possible and frequently done with the BlackBerry OS,but i don't know if it will bork a WinMo device.

Last edited:

zander22

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I accidently installed the Sprint 6.1 upgrade on the BELL samsung Ace. Now it boots into the Sprint network. How do I get it back to the BELL network?

i325.0/6S.BG17.19202 ( it says S/W verions Now )

i325.06 B.BD10 ( this is the version on teh Bell side mentioned above )

Can someone tell me how to switch my phone Back to the Bell network?

Futurdreamz

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
Does you phone still remember it's meid? Because mine shows up as 0000000000...
From what I discovered, you have to either find a hack to change the MEID to A1000...
Or put a Monster ROM or something on it that allows easier changing (more likely possible)

zander22

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
I basically just need the original Ace i325 software version which I can reinstall via the Sync application. But it's not on the bell site.

MY EMID shows up and all 0000000000...

Last edited:

Futurdreamz

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
The thing is that Bell DOESN'T offer any updates for the Ace. If they had even the tiniest os upgrade that required reinstalling the entire OS then it would be possible.
you have the demo of CDMA Work, right? because you may not need this app.
I'm still figuring out CDMA Workshop myself, but I figure that once you (or me) figure out how to boot the Ace into download mode and get CDMA workshop to connect to it, then all you have to do is select the COM port, hit "connect," hit "read," then go to the Security tab and type in the MEID where it says to, hit apply, then immediately remove the battery and usb cable when the prog says that the meid has been changed successfully.
I think.
Once i can get it done, I'll post a tutorial.

Futurdreamz

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165812&page=4 (post #49) instructions on how to use CDMA Workshop for our purposes (until step 3 is finished), I'm assumming that your MSL has been wiped also.
Aterwards, I assume that one just needs to go to the "security" tab and input the correct MEID and msl, then you can follow bell's instructions to activate your phone.
I can't wait until my home internet is working again so I finally have both a computer with the priveladges to do this, AND internet to get it working.

Also: from what I gater you have to download Sprint's connect software to use the phone as a modem and connect the phone to the computer in this way (I get a roaming alert and it fails to connect, but there should be a way around this).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos