What does your Epix Today screen look like?

phrogpilot73

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Since there's no dedicated Epix forum, I figured I'd post this here. I'm also thinking that there's not a huge number of people that are going to end up using the Epix, but let me say I love it. So, without further ado - here's my today screen:
sshot001.jpg

Wisbar Lite - I normally like the cascading menu, but it acts a little funny. Oh well.
Spb Phone Suite - no support yet for Epix, normally you can't see the icons. This is a beta copy, and I'm probably going to uninstall it until they come out with the final as it is SUCKING my battery down.
Weather Panel - with Shiny icons. Looks pretty good I must say.

And my favorite WM registry tweak: http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showpost.php?p=1432643&postcount=12 and http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showpost.php?p=1432647&postcount=13

I know it's the default wallpaper, I'm still looking for the website where I got my theme for the Treo 750. Then this one is gone!

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
Looks good! I don't know how to take a screenshot or I would...I have SPB mobile shell and SPB diary running on mine, no hiccups so far.

I hope you're wrong about not many people using the Epix. So far it's a great phone. I think people are just concerned about the mouse pad and are not up for taking the time to learn the cursor (far superior to the swipe/dpad setting IMHO).

phrogpilot73

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Looks good! I don't know how to take a screenshot or I would...I have SPB mobile shell and SPB diary running on mine, no hiccups so far.
There's a couple of different options out there, here's a couple that are free:
http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Others/Spb-ScreenShot-60958.shtml
http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/fp/screen_capture.php#keys

I think people are just concerned about the mouse pad and are not up for taking the time to learn the cursor (far superior to the swipe/dpad setting IMHO).
I read about how much it sucked, but I love it. I keep turning it off to try the D-pad again, and end up hating that more. I like that for some programs that almost require a touchscreen, I can still do one-handed action on it.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I found a wallpaper site for the Centro, but since it's the same resolution screen, the wallpapers can be used on the Epix and Treo Pro likely too. I grabbed a few and they view fine on the Epix.

I think the link is on my other computer, I'll post it when I get back over there.

phrogpilot73

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
I found a wallpaper site for the Centro, but since it's the same resolution screen, the wallpapers can be used on the Epix and Treo Pro likely too. I grabbed a few and they view fine on the Epix.

I think the link is on my other computer, I'll post it when I get back over there.
That would be sweet! I'm always looking to tweak, I messed with the GPSToday plug in and never got sats - and couldn't find settings to mess with. I've also added Today Agenda (I can't believe it's free!), and the Phat Finger Theme for Weather Panel. I went with the 48+Classic. Added Google Search, and I'm getting close!! I'm messing with Ultimate Launcher, and we'll see if I keep it. Surprisingly, the Today screen layout on my 750 was not what I like on the Epix.
sshot000.jpg

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Where did you download a good version of Weather Panel from, please? The one on the original site looks really old to me.

Is that Google search screen on your 750, or did you somehow get that onto your Epix?

Found TA also, thanks for the suggestion! :)

Last edited:

phrogpilot73

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Where did you download a good version of Weather Panel from, please? The one on the original site looks really old to me.

Is that Google search screen on your 750, or did you somehow get that onto your Epix?

Found TA also, thanks for the suggestion! :)
A good version of Weather Panel (hacked to be updated, to include a program that fixes the forecast screen) can be found here. I've got mine set to fix the forecast screen every 15 minutes, and update the weather info every hour.

Phat Finger theme is here. 48+Classic is here.

This is a screen from my Epix, my 750 is a little different. The google search bar can be found here.

TopDog

Apr 21, 2008
gauteweb.net
I'm mostly using Mobile Shell, but I like to play around with the Today screen too... this is what I'm currently using:

* Spb Mobile Shell?s today plugin gives you shortcuts, weather and such.
* EffComm is a plugin to toggle bluetooth/wifi/phone with a single click.
* TodayAgenda is a great Calendar replacement, and it?s free!

today.jpg

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Something I noticed just by playing around. You can sometimes use 240x320 wallpapers too. Just be sure to zoom in on the part you want. With all the text and plug-ins, it won't be that noticable if the background isn't super-sharp.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I posted this on another thread but it works well here too.

Go to Treo Central(sister site). Under Treo 800w, Ebag33(hope I got that right) posted Treo Pro themes that work very well on the Epix, likely because they have the same resolution. The top bar gradient is removed so the screen appears to have more space. Technically it may not, but the illusion is very nice because the screen appears less cluttered.

phrogpilot73

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
How do you get the date and time shown on your top bar? Is it possible to include the day of the week (Fri for example)? Thanks.
You'll have to do this, and this.

I found a thread a while back that detailed every setting for the nls overrides, however I found that if it was anything other than what you see in my screen shot, it got cut off. I'll see if I can find it so you can play with it.

tvuong

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
You'll have to do this, and this.

I found a thread a while back that detailed every setting for the nls overrides, however I found that if it was anything other than what you see in my screen shot, it got cut off. I'll see if I can find it so you can play with it.
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\]
Time:
"ShowTitleBarClock"=1 / "TBOpt"=1
Date:
"ShowTitleBarClock"=1 / "TBOpt"=2
Both:
"ShowTitleBarClock"=1 / "TBOpt"=3
Nothing:
"ShowTitleBarClock"=1 / "TBOpt"=0
Battery:
"ShowTitleBarClock"=0 / "TBOpt"=1

I cannot find TBOpt???

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides]
"SSDte"="MM/dd "
Notice the spaces after dd
This is so the date doesn't get cut off short

Is it possible to add day of the week here? If so, "SSDte"="xx MM/dd " What do I plug in for xx?

Thanks again.

phrogpilot73

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Thank you very much Phrogpilot73. What about the thin battery meter, where can I get that? Thanks again.
There's a bunch of different ones out there, the one in the picture is a feature of WisbarLite. It adds a drop down task manager, cascading start menu, battery meter, and shows running tasks next to the start menu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb