Epix Optical Mouse Issues

Selby_d

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello,
I just recently got an Epix and am just now getting to familirize myself with the device. I have noticed that he optical mouse is a little loose on this device. I went to the the store, and looked at the ones for display. I noticed that their optical mouse isn't firm either but I still think that mine is more loose than theirs.

I have consulted with Samsung, and they told me that it is supposed to be manueverable. The store CRS told me that they are built like that, she even inspected mine.
For some reason it keeps bugging me so I wanted to ask the other owners on this forum to see if it is in fact a normal thing or if I need to get another one. I am worried that it will get more lose, and eventually be a problem down the road.

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated

candybarguy

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Does your pad rattle when you touch it, or does it just give a little? Mine is "loose" relative to all the other buttons, but it's not something that stood out for me -- I somehow expected this to the case. However, it's not loose enough that it randomly clicks on things when it's not my intention. In other words, the mouse works perfectly for me. Having said that, I'm still getting used to the 4-way pad. I would have liked it to be a little faster and to have supported the "flicks". But it's something I can live with. The mouse by itself makes this one of the very best single-handed devices ever.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
My Epix has an optical mousepad that is pretty tight. So are the keys. Neither exhibits any wobble. I'm thinking a little looseness is probably okay (there is some tolerance in build fit) but that a rattling feel is not.

I totally agree that the optical mouse makes the EPIX a great one handed device. I never use the stylus anymore. In fact, I'll bet you BBs come out soon with this feature and that fan club will assume they invented it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb