TechCrunch Review: Flash beats 4S in browswer test

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Nice to read a review like this. Especially about the 'little brother' phone. I've never understood the beef with lighter weight phones, the less the better. Dash, did that decision just get a little harder?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Ordered Focus S but seriously considering sending it back for the Flash

Mangos taste better than apples!

I admit, I'm getting pretty close to picking up a Flash. I've had my Focus for almost a year now and every time I pick it up I notice how good it feels in my hand... that is, until I pick up a different phone. It's really noticeable how cheap the Focus feels when comparing it to other devices. I was hoping the S would rectify that problem with a premium chassis. After playing with a demo unit I must sadly say that the S still feels cheap in comparison to other phones. My Zune HD feels like more of a premium device than the S. Heck, my girls LG Lotus II feels more sturdy than the S.

The chassis is what really stands out about the Flash. It feels more like a premium device despite the budget price. I feel more confident showing off my phone when I can place it in someone's hand and have them compliment on how good it feels. I never get that with the Focus. Some people are impressed with the OS but never the chassis. They all say the same thing, "feels like a toy." Unfortunately I feel the same way. With the Flash I don't get that "toy" feel. The Flash still feels good even when I compare it to other phones.

The only downside is the camera. Bleh! Not even remotely comparable to the original Focus (which isn't that good by today's standards). I take a lot of pictures with my Focus and it's one of my most important features. I'd hate to plop down $340 for the Flash only to be disappointed in one of the features I use the most. As far as storage, I could get by with 8GB of storage. Even on my Focus I still have about 3.5 gigs left and roughly 600 songs on there. I might burn through another 2 gigs in the next year or so but I'm not the type of person who loads with his devices with stuff. I hate when things are just sitting there accumulating. I prefer to put things on, use them, and then get them off. But that camera... ack!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo