Focus Flash Lockup Issue

ablewis1974

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Focus Flash issue

I'm so glad to find this thread, as I thought maybe I was just crazy. I replaced my broken iphone 3 in mid-December for the Samsung Focus Flash. I love the phone overall, but am very irritated by the constant freezing when I receive text messages. I don't even have a case on mine at all, so I don't buy the "it's the magnet on the carrying case" idea. I finally took it back (within the 30 day window) 2 days ago and didn't have a box....but they did replace it. Same issues with new phone. I have 2 more days until my 30 days are up, I do think I'll go in and replace it with something else. Now I see why it was just $.99!
AB

theandresperson

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Some of the members, including myself, have done some research and have found a workaround that has stopped the problem for occurring on my Flash altogether. Look around on the topic threads and let us know if your problem continues.

hvanness331

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the "freezing" issue too. I think some of you previous posters figured it out. If you jump right on a text that's coming in, that's when it locks up. Not every single time, but enough times to believe that's a problem. You have to let the phone finish alerting you, then go in and retrieve your text.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
My biggest issue with the lockups is that sometimes when you have to reboot the phone, you lose that text. i've had to ask a couple of people to resend what they texted. But I usually only have it happen when my phone is on silent.

s0uldrift3r

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Had mine for 3 days havent had this issue at all, i have txt and whatsapp coming in all the time while device is in sleep, but then again its take me about a second to unlock it ...

pecuevasb

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It's happened to me only one time, but it was really bad. The phone started getting really laggy while I was downloading Plants Vs. Zombies. I put it to sleep and then woke it up only to have it freeze in the most horrid way at the lock screen. Nothing wrong has happened since.

Streit_420

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
If your phone does get locked do this

You can reboot your flash by holding down the lock key (power button) for about 15 seconds (yes it takes a long time). Your phone will reboot and your text message will still be there. It is better than pulling the cover off and pulling out the battery.

b52hgunner

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Focus Flash Locking up on texts

My wife has a Focus Flash that she has had for 3 months. It has been an intermittent problem with locking up. Lately she has to pull the battery out once a day to gt it to reset after receiving a text message. I called AT&T and they "troubleshot" the phone. Did a reset thru the software and also sent new settings for the phone thru text message. It still locked the phone up on text message. I called the next day and they troubleshot the phone again. Phone locked up on text message again. I called AT&T again and this time they transferred me to Samsung and they had me do a hardware reset. Still locked up on text. They sent me a replacement phone. moved the battery and sim card over to the replacement. Next day same thing the phone locked on text message. I called AT&T and they wanted to charge me to switch phones with their screw you "discount" plans and another 2 years on my contract. I told them if they want to swap phones for free that would be the only acceptable way. They would not. So I am posting here also and seeing if anyone is going to start up a class action suit for this. This is bull that AT&T and Samsung both act like they never heard of this issue yet all of these posts here say they have called them about it. We should not have to pay to switch from a phone that is broken. I am also not going to keep playing the send me a phone every time the phone locks up game. At this rate they will be sending me a phone every week. It locks every day but with shipping times I get the phone in about a week.

here2do

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Almost identical experience to that which I had - people telling me something was buggy with Android...:mad:

I did the factory reset and have only had one lockup in about a week (compared to one a day before). It's worth a shot if you don't mind the hassle.
In order to get Samsung and AT&T to respond to these issues, more of you should be on Twitter speaking about them. These companies are VERY sensitive about their images on Twitter, for some reason. I recently had a problem getting a product delivered, that I had ordered and paid for. I couldn't get anyone to respond via email but as soon as I found a rep for the company on Twitter and started tweeting the company name and the circumstances and within a couple days the rep had found my order, the status of it, the reason for the delay and when to expect it, along with an apology. Use Twitter to make these type of issues known and you're more likely to get them resolved sooner.

here2do

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
You can reboot your flash by holding down the lock key (power button) for about 15 seconds (yes it takes a long time). Your phone will reboot and your text message will still be there. It is better than pulling the cover off and pulling out the battery.
No your text messages won't always be there. That's the way my wife has been unfreezing her phone and she loses messages at least half the time.

In order to get Samsung and AT&T to respond to these issues, more of you should be on Twitter speaking about them. These companies are VERY sensitive about their images on Twitter, for some reason. I recently had a problem getting a product delivered, that I had ordered and paid for. I couldn't get anyone to respond via email but as soon as I found a rep for the company on Twitter and started tweeting the company name and the circumstances and within a couple days the rep had found my order, the status of it, the reason for the delay and when to expect it, along with an apology. Use Twitter to make these type of issues known and you're more likely to get them resolved sooner.

here2do

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife has a Focus Flash that she has had for 3 months. It has been an intermittent problem with locking up. Lately she has to pull the battery out once a day to gt it to reset after receiving a text message. I called AT&T and they "troubleshot" the phone. Did a reset thru the software and also sent new settings for the phone thru text message. It still locked the phone up on text message. I called the next day and they troubleshot the phone again. Phone locked up on text message again. I called AT&T again and this time they transferred me to Samsung and they had me do a hardware reset. Still locked up on text. They sent me a replacement phone. moved the battery and sim card over to the replacement. Next day same thing the phone locked on text message. I called AT&T and they wanted to charge me to switch phones with their screw you "discount" plans and another 2 years on my contract. I told them if they want to swap phones for free that would be the only acceptable way. They would not. So I am posting here also and seeing if anyone is going to start up a class action suit for this. This is bull that AT&T and Samsung both act like they never heard of this issue yet all of these posts here say they have called them about it. We should not have to pay to switch from a phone that is broken. I am also not going to keep playing the send me a phone every time the phone locks up game. At this rate they will be sending me a phone every week. It locks every day but with shipping times I get the phone in about a week.

Jallopy

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of video floating around showing this lock up? I've been in touch with the Windows Phone 7 Support twitter account, and they requested me getting some video of the lock up occuring.

PervertRyan

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of video floating around showing this lock up? I've been in touch with the Windows Phone 7 Support twitter account, and they requested me getting some video of the lock up occuring.

This is the only one I could find:

Samsung Omnia W / Focus Flash blocked on the lockscreen / Bloccato sulla schermata di sblocco - YouTube

I don't have a Samsung Focus Flash, but a friend of mine does (after my recommendation from many positive reviews of it, not knowing of this issue otherwise I would've never recommended it) and it's infuriating that such a large problem isn't being addressed.

One thing I've been wondering is if every phone suffers from this problem, or only some? If not all phones have it, do they differ by firmware, or a different hardware component? Is there any point in taking it back and getting a replacement phone, like is there even a chance of getting a replacement that doesn't suffer from this problem, or is it just a waste of time?

Jallopy

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
This is the only one I could find:

Samsung Omnia W / Focus Flash blocked on the lockscreen / Bloccato sulla schermata di sblocco - YouTube

I don't have a Samsung Focus Flash, but a friend of mine does (after my recommendation from many positive reviews of it, not knowing of this issue otherwise I would've never recommended it) and it's infuriating that such a large problem isn't being addressed.

One thing I've been wondering is if every phone suffers from this problem, or only some? If not all phones have it, do they differ by firmware, or a different hardware component? Is there any point in taking it back and getting a replacement phone, like is there even a chance of getting a replacement that doesn't suffer from this problem, or is it just a waste of time?
Thanks PervertRyan, I forwarded that vid to the support twitter account, as I couldn't get the lock to occur over the weekend...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb