Focus Flash Lockup Issue

othercents

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So I have been having a bunch of issues with the phone locking up during alerts. I went to the ATT store the other day to possibly replace the phone with Android or iPhone. The rep said that they could replace the phone if I had the box, which I didn't, but they also mentioned that maybe the case with a magnet on the latch was causing the lockup. I replaced the case and haven't recently had a problem, but want to check if anyone had a problem with alerts locking up and if you use a case with a magnet clasp or not.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
So I have been having a bunch of issues with the phone locking up during alerts. I went to the ATT store the other day to possibly replace the phone with Android or iPhone. The rep said that they could replace the phone if I had the box, which I didn't, but they also mentioned that maybe the case with a magnet on the latch was causing the lockup. I replaced the case and haven't recently had a problem, but want to check if anyone had a problem with alerts locking up and if you use a case with a magnet clasp or not.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
I have a belt case with a magnet on it and never had that issue or any other issues.....yet :straight:

rob998

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second focus flash right now. The first kept locking up multiple times a day when receiving texts. I returned that one for another which worked fine for a couple of days and is now doing it again. I uninstalled all apps besides the ones that came with the phone but still am having the lockup issue. I will be returning it tomorrow.

othercents

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I was getting lockups on calendar alerts specifically if i took the phone out of the case immediately when the alert went off. If I waited a few seconds it was fine. I switched to a focus s today, but when I quit using the case with a magnet on it I didn't seam to have the problem.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

facetheduke

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I've only had this issue intermittantly, and not at all as long as I power down my phone once every couple of days. That's not a problem for me. I sort of expected this, having owned some Samsung handsets in the past (though none were smartphones). Every one that I had got a little twitchy when you didn't power them down every once in a while.

EDIT: Not true at all, this actually is an issue inherent to the phone.

Last edited:

Paztormike

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I also have the locking issue. Every time I experience the problem, I have to pop out the battery to restart the phone. Does anyone know if the focus s has the same problem? So far I love everything else about the phone and the mango experience. But the locking up issue stinks

JayKeebs

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Please keep this thread going

I am a new Focus Flash owner and love the phone except for it locking up when a receive test messages.

I have emailed Samsung and awaiting a reply,
All info of this wide spread issue needs to be posted here or on another thread

JayKeebs

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has no idea about it either.
Think of we get enough Flash owners to email or call Samsung about this issue, we may get some better results
Right now they are just telling me to do a soft reset, which is just removing battery

So everyone that has an issue if you don't mind email or call Samsung via there website, and let them know it's a issue they need to address

JayKeebs

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My guess is, is that Samsung is going to have to start developing a firmware update, if they haven't already. I doubt they have, unless they are lying to me about knowing about the issue.

Is anyone having this freezing up issue with a brand new phone, with no extra apps added (other than what it came preloaded with)

My flash has just minimum apps like Facebook, GPS, Weather, ESPN, DTV, and Amazon

TheMapman

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the only case the AT&T store sold - is that the one that is causing a problem? I don't see anything magnetic on it. It's just soft and hard plastic.

p.jgordon

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had the phone since the day it was released. It may have frozen on me like twice during the first couple of days. But since then it's been pretty much smooth sailing. No lockups and no other issues.

electech98

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this issue when I first received the phone the day it came out. A week, later, after multiple freezes due to texts / notifications (such as a calendar reminder), I returned the phone for a direct replacement.

The replacement did not have nearly as many freezing issues as the first, but today I have already had to reset the phone 4 or 5 times due to texting another Windows Phone user, with my phone freezing almost anytime I got a text from him. So, now I'm back to where I was at the beginning.

If the issue is not fixed soon, I'll move back to a Blackberry. I use the phone for business as well as personal use, so I can't be dealing with this all the time. Or maybe I could trade it in for an HTC.

TheMapman

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm dumping mine. I had it for a month and it froze over and over, even after exchanging devices and a factory reset. Samsung Tech Support is acting as if they've never heard for the issue, as is AT&T and WP

Paztormike

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I talked to AT&T Customer Service and to Samsung Customer Service.

The first At&t guy told me that the Focus Flash has not had problems in the 8 months since it was released, so then I asked for another agent to help me since the phone has only been out for weeks. The next guy told me that some android apps are buggy. When I told him it was a Windows phone, it blew his mind.

Finally talked to a supervisor who then told me that no problems have been reported with the phone and that they would exchange at the at&t store for another Flash.

SAMSUNG
Their online customer service didn't even recognize the model number on the phone. So I had to call. The customer service guy told me that there are no known problems with the phone and they would authorize and exchange the phone, but I would have to send mine in, so that I could get it fixed or a refurbished model in a couple of weeks.

Weak!

I like the size of this phone, I love Windows 7.5. I want this phone, but I am going to have to get rid of it if the problem persists. UGH

TheMapman

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I talked to AT&T Customer Service and to Samsung Customer Service.

The first At&t guy told me that the Focus Flash has not had problems in the 8 months since it was released, so then I asked for another agent to help me since the phone has only been out for weeks. The next guy told me that some android apps are buggy. When I told him it was a Windows phone, it blew his mind.

Finally talked to a supervisor who then told me that no problems have been reported with the phone and that they would exchange at the at&t store for another Flash.

SAMSUNG
Their online customer service didn't even recognize the model number on the phone. So I had to call. The customer service guy told me that there are no known problems with the phone and they would authorize and exchange the phone, but I would have to send mine in, so that I could get it fixed or a refurbished model in a couple of weeks.

Weak!

I like the size of this phone, I love Windows 7.5. I want this phone, but I am going to have to get rid of it if the problem persists. UGH

Almost identical experience to that which I had - people telling me something was buggy with Android...:mad:

I did the factory reset and have only had one lockup in about a week (compared to one a day before). It's worth a shot if you don't mind the hassle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo