Its the time for giving........the focus flash?

anon(5329672)

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Okie dokie Focus Flash forum folks (alliteration). I got a dilemma.
The Target: My mom.
Target Descrip:
-Very non techy
-Doesn't even have a cell phone
-Likes Zune.

Things to look for: screen size, problematic bugs, battery life, etc.

The Job - My mom needs a good phone. I figured something simple enough for her yet powerful. I got the ORIGINAL (stop calling it the old) Focus, love it, and I was wonder do u guys think this would be suitable for a mom.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Its definitely a great phone for first time smartphone users. Not too big or small. Screen size is just right. And of course, its a WP phone.....can't go wrong with that :)

Also, there is the "buyers remorse" period so if things do not work out, very easy to return or exchange.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
How would you rate the flash vs the Omnia 7?

Honestly....I think they are about the same (and I have both). They both look almost the same albeit the Flash is slightly smaller. Both have SAMOLED, some metal in the chassis, etc.... The SFF feels great in the hand and gotta love that physical home button (former iphone user and I understand you are as well BaseballBert). The real only difference to me in my opinion is the SFF gets full 3G with AT&T and the Omnia 7 gets 3G on AT&T's 1900mhz band only which in my neck of the woods varies....so its flippin back and forth depending on where I am.

I think the SFF is just an overall very nice WP phone. Everyone I have shown it to seems to genuinely like it (mostly in the office which is a sea of iphones and android). It just has this quality about it albeit being dubbed a "entry level" WP phone.

If I had to choose the SFF or Omnia 7 and can only have one, then I would keep the SFF.

My 2 cents.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm really liking the Omnia 7. think of it as a 4" flash with 2x as much memory with the same processor as the original Focus.

I live in the SF so att is pretty good here in terms of speed. I will give the SFF the form factor nod as well.

Been using an iPhone 4 for a few weeks, and I have to admit I really like the size.

In that respect, the SFF wins.

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7, the official WP of WeeBears everywhere, using Board Express

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
@BaseballBert, so I take it you scored yourself a 16GB Omnia 7 instead of the 8GB ? I was lucky when I got mine a few month ago on Amazon as the 2 vendors descriptions stated they were 8GB. I was very pleasantly surprised and happy when I received it that it was a 16GB.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss