Focus Flash randomly shutting off?

Dr Widdleguy

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
A couple days ago my sister was due for an upgrade and I convinced her to go to a Windows Phone after having an iPhone then a Droid. She's very happy with the Focus Flash and how smooth and etc. the windows phone OS is. She's currently running into a problem where the phone will randomly shut off and none of the buttons have any affect on turning it back on. You have to do a hard reset (pulling battery out) each time. She's roughly done it 3 times today. I was wondering if anyone else with a Focus Flash was having this issue as well. I noticed people were having issues with the lock screen freezing, but I didn't see any that had the phone just randomly shutting off. Any information would be helpful. ^.^

pierrejo233

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
This is an issue I am struggling with too, it happens a lot and seem to have to do with the proximity sensor and the notification system. As far as I can tell this is something that has been going on since november and still no resolve. Plenty of threads around, I'd suggest to return it if possible or exchange it but... yeah it sucks.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information. We returned it last week, but still having the issue. Guessing a bad batch of phones?

Or it could be a problematic app. You could try turning off background tasks to see if that makes a difference. Otherwise you could try uninstalling one app at a time to see if the problem goes away.

danrod8

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
This is an issue I am struggling with too, it happens a lot and seem to have to do with the proximity sensor and the notification system. As far as I can tell this is something that has been going on since november and still no resolve. Plenty of threads around, I'd suggest to return it if possible or exchange it but... yeah it sucks.

I agree that this seems to be the issue. It regularly happens when I have the phone in my pocket and I take it out after receiving some type of notification.

Seems to be happening more often and is starting to become a major gripe. :-/

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss