Focus Flash on AT&T (Custom Ringtones)

joonha0806

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Long time iPhone user and recently switched over to Focus Flash.
I love WP7! Such a different user experience and I am never going back to iPhone.
I know that my Focus Flash has the Mango OS and I have been trying to figure out how to load custom ringtones into the phone but all the related threads are outdated.
Most suggest the Chevron utility but after going thru the steps, the deploy app says I need Windows 7 on my PC in order to install.
I don't have Windows 7, stuck with XP for awhile.
Plus, the instructions are too hard to follow for me.

Any suggestions out there on a simple updated method to load custom ringtones into my FF? Other than the trouble I am having with this one issue, overall experience with WP is GREAT!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

joonha0806

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Figure 8. I will give this a try.
Do you know how to create a mp3 or wma file less than 40 seconds from the original full length file/song?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Figure 8. I will give this a try.
Do you know how to create a mp3 or wma file less than 40 seconds from the original full length file/song?

Microsoft doesn't make dedicated software for editing music, however, you can get away with some light music editing using Windows Movie Maker. You just have to use the split feature to trim off the parts you don't want and then export the file as a .wma or .mp3.

joonha0806

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
WeeBear - I tried the Ringtone Factory (twice) and the ringtone did show up under settings-ringtone-custom.
But when I played the ringtone and set it up as my ringtone, all it is a 0.5 second static.
Tried it twice but same result. Just a 0.5 second static sound.

I guess I now at least have a "Custom" section under the ringtones on my phone.

Any other suggestions out there?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre