Samsung Focus Flash text freeze/lockup

bradtech

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I am an owner of an HTC HD7.. Phone has been a blessing coming from two buggy android phones with lagged UI, lockups, battery drains, and random reboots. My mom was on AT&T so I recommended going Windows Phone and she got the Samsung Flash.. Phone is freezing up when she gets texts randomly. We sent the phone back and upon getting the new phone I did a force update of the Windows Phone 7 OS to build 8107. It seems to be a widespread issue with this phone if you look at AT&T reviews now, and bing/google search. Has anyone been able to confirm if it's a firmware version issue or outdated OS related? The OS was dated on the phone out of the box and zune wouldn't update it. I don't think the firmware updated so if the bug is in that revision of it we are SOL.

bradtech

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I updated and still get this issue.

How can they get away with almost all their phones doing it? From what I'm reading it's almost pointless to do an exchange. Now I can waste another hour on the phone with AT&T acting clueless and demanding to switch phones. Was a good deal I thought for 99 cents.. 99 cents is too much if the thing can't go a day or two without freezing when getting texts randomly. It's when she pulls it out of her pocket at work walking the floor.

KingStiltz1211

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
This phone freezes no matter where I have it, in my pocket on the counter anywhere and everywhere and it just keeps getting worse 3 times in 5 minutes!!! And the phone says there are no updates for the stupid thing! Samsung isn't doing a very good job with this one. The only recommendation I can give anyone about this phone is DO NOT get it! Not to mention there are almost no apps for it, No Chase Bank, No Words With Friends, Nothing! :mad:

KingStiltz1211

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I am an owner of an HTC HD7.. Phone has been a blessing coming from two buggy android phones with lagged UI, lockups, battery drains, and random reboots. My mom was on AT&T so I recommended going Windows Phone and she got the Samsung Flash.. Phone is freezing up when she gets texts randomly. We sent the phone back and upon getting the new phone I did a force update of the Windows Phone 7 OS to build 8107. It seems to be a widespread issue with this phone if you look at AT&T reviews now, and bing/google search. Has anyone been able to confirm if it's a firmware version issue or outdated OS related? The OS was dated on the phone out of the box and zune wouldn't update it. I don't think the firmware updated so if the bug is in that revision of it we are SOL.
how do you force update the phone?

fakha9543

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
(Sorry for bad english)

Facebook causes this lockup/freeze problem. If you dont link facebook contacts to people hub than there is no freeze/lockup while incoming text messages etc. Im owner of focus flash and i experienced that problem while sync your facebook account to people tage in windows phone. Now i am using my people section without facebook linkage. I have no problem since than. I remembered my old HTC desire s the same problem was occurred while receiving incoming call if sync with facebook otherwise there was no problem.
In my opinion Facebook is too heavy and update almost in every second, that can cause this freeze problems. Facebook also uses more ram in every smartphone than any other applications.

dtresca

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
(Sorry for bad english)

Facebook causes this lockup/freeze problem. If you dont link facebook contacts to people hub than there is no freeze/lockup while incoming text messages etc. Im owner of focus flash and i experienced that problem while sync your facebook account to people tage in windows phone. Now i am using my people section without facebook linkage. I have no problem since than. I remembered my old HTC desire s the same problem was occurred while receiving incoming call if sync with facebook otherwise there was no problem.
In my opinion Facebook is too heavy and update almost in every second, that can cause this freeze problems. Facebook also uses more ram in every smartphone than any other applications.

This is not necessarily true. I just bought my Focus Flash a few weeks ago and I just started having this issue this morning. I don't link my Facebook contacts to my phone. However, I did finally receive an update last night, from 7720 to 7740. I never had this problem before the update. Could the issue be with 7740?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99