Tango 8773 and FirmWare 2103.12.05.04

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm still stuck at 7220. I just purchased the phone this week (AT&T) and I'm having one heck of a time trying to connect to Zune on my W7 laptop. However, I can connect fine on my Mac using the Windows Phone 7 connector. Ideas?

Congrats on Picking a Windows Phone, Mango OS is great, Tango Update is a little faster,

the flash is a great phone, despite it small screen size and hd. My only real complaint is camera, but, once you tweak the settings just right you can get good pics.

Hopefully by the end of month AT&T will have rolled out Updates, Comes in spurts by Networks is how updates have been released.

Zune not working, are you getting error message ?

are you trying to do the zune trick and force update things ?

You could always manually update your phone if you want to fix the disappearing keyboard bug that 8107 fixes.

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Updated first post with this info..

Update:Some Users Have Reported Having Battery Problem's after the Samsung Firmware Update, I have noticed battery levels have been much lower after the firmware update & tango in particular the software radio that got updated has part of firmware release. The voltage appears to be much lower with firmware update and tango installed. Where has with Mango and Old Firmware voltage is much higher. I cannot rollback the software radio update because that is locked once it is installed. I need proper tool's and old firmware update to restore things back, and to verify for sure what I am seeing in diag's mode.

So I am back to Mango 8107 with update Software Radio only. If battery life is crappy tommorrow then Wed and Thurs I will get on the phone to Samsung and report the issue that I am seeing since the firmware update was installed and uninstalled..

svtfmook

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
i was stuck on 7720, i used cab sender to update to 7740, then the internet-zune trick to update to 8107. i stayed at 8107 because i wanted to keep my dev-unlock.

however, i did a hard reset and set the phone up for my wife to use, plugged it into zune and had an update notification for 8112.

i didn't install it, but it looks like att is now rolling out the updates.

tpbklake

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually got the Tango Notification on AT&T this morning....

Woke up this morning and actually had the Tango notification on AT&T here in St. Louis, MO!

Just finished updating it now.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
battery life is very important to me... So what do you guys say?
Should i hold off the tango upgrade for my omnia w because the new samsung firmware decreases battery life?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Woke up this morning and actually had the Tango notification on AT&T here in St. Louis, MO!

Just finished updating it now.

Good to hear that AT&T may actually stick to date of 27..

If you install the Samsung Firmware Update, could your report back if you notice your battery draining faster after the updates.

battery life is very important to me... So what do you guys say?
Should i hold off the tango upgrade for my omnia w because the new samsung firmware decreases battery life?

Well you can install Tango and hit cancel on the firmware update. If you have a good backup which zune should make you can always restore back to Mango.

I am noticing about a 6 to 8% per hour drain with cellular turned on new firmware and Tango, Without cell turned on battery life is great can go all day long 8 hours+ of music battery down to 60% to 70%. With Cell Turned on battery drop's to 40% to 50% after 8 hours with Music and these backgrounds apps wpcentral, weather bug , yahoo & hotmail checking every hour..

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why I'm not having the battery drain that some of you report. Mine has been much improved since the updates. I always leave cell data on since I don't have WiFi at the office. My phone can usually last until I go to bed before it needs charged depending on the number of phone calls and how long they last.

I have 4 email accounts that are polled. 2 every 15 minutes, 1 every 30 minutes and 1 every 2 hours. I have weather updated every 1 hour, and have CNN update on breaking news. I also use bing and the web sporadicly throughout the day, along with the people hub and the me tile for facebook. I also receive about 25 texts or so a day. So, it seems like mine is getting a good bit of data running through it and mine lasts a lot better. In fact right now mine is at 78% still and has been off of charge for over 4 hours now and still says I have 10 hours left.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
In fact right now mine is at 78% still and has been off of charge for over 4 hours now and still says I have 10 hours left.

Not at work today. So I am not playing any music and have cellular data turned on 3 bars most of time. Been on Since 7:00 this morning, read 79% 11 hours left, 4 hours since unplugged from charger. So that is about 8% a hour for me. Which is about what you are seeing has well..I been a few places this morning and a few sites. Checking Gleek every hour or so..

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
So at our present rate of about 8% we should easily last most of the day. I'm wondering then if maybe this case for some reason your's is struggling to maintain as high of a signal at your job and that maybe your cause for less battery life. When I first started this new job in a new town mine was worse than this, but has improved since the update. I would love to know if it would have improved though from my older job, because that was more of a struggle for it it seemed like to last and I didn't get as many texts in a day there.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
we can last all day without music and cell turned on. Or Music with no Cell , but, not both. Depending on activities with our phone once again.

But for me It has to bee Area Coverage & Cell Reception once again for me at home is about the same has it at work. 2-3 bars. Speed test are about the same from both work and home. Net10/ST capped at 2mb over HSPA/3g..average around 1.2mb on a good day.. AT&T Data Coverage in my home town is not so great. 3g in part's / 4g in other's plenty of dead spot's which I may be in..

But at least Tango is slighty faster at activities, we can send ringtone's now, we can add over 40 apps and remove them have the abc list disappear, and standard list reappaer. we do not lockup on receiving txt anymore. No more yellow screens when switching being certain apps or closing them Wpbench for example.

Samsung Now is broken I noticed after Tango and Firmware Update, no live tile Weather Updates..

Last edited:

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Before you did the upgrade were you able to have both cell and play music for 8 hours? I'm on StraightTalk using AT&T towers as well. Like I said, I don't try and play music while at work. If I need to do that, I use my computer in my office.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes before firmware and tango. both cell and non streaming music for 8 hours and battery would be at around 50%. Now it is 30 to 40% after same amount of time. It will last 8 if I simply just turn off background apps running and manually checking.

Battery now at 69% 9 hours left 6 hours since charge..

I will order a new battery in a few weeks and see if could not be that.. Battery has never been drained or conditioned has we do not need to do that. But it did sit in draw for a while when the phone was sent in for repair.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
WOW. That seems really odd that your battery life went that bad. I also know that for the first couple fo days you had mentioned it being better. Does it appear better since you rolled back? Maybe mine only seems better since the update since we are both draining about the same.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I also just remembered that mine had turned back on the "find my phone (Connect to these faster)" That would explain some of my drain. I'll check it tomorrow and try and remember to not turn that on trying to download an app.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I am going to test it Edge Mode and see how it work's out tommorrow at work..justed posted the how to change to edge mode for the flash.

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Battery had a Good Day..55%. In GSM_UMTS mode today, started off at Edge, but, phone switched to 4g sometime mid day. At the end of 8 hours of nonstreaming music and cell turned on battery read 55%.

Had 6 toast notification from Wpcentral, not very active like it was the other day.
Samsung Now checking Weather via Live Tile, it started working once again.
Email was not checking, manually checking instead
Location turned off
Few Phones Calls and Txt Message

Duct Tape Panties

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Is is safe yet to say the 8773 update for the Flash was a failure? My battery is totally dead in 6 hours and that's with no apps installed. Plus I can't get rid of that app index abc crap no matter what I try. I uninstalled every uninstallable app on my phone and it still wouldn't go away. And I tried that on both 8773 & my 7720 backup. To make matters worst I can't do a factory reset on 8773 or on my 7720 backup, because if I do, the Sumsung hub does show up, then I can't get the Wireless Manager app, which i need because I'm on Net10. I was thinking about restoring my 7720 backup again today, do a factory reset and just update to 8107 and pray the Samsung hub shows up this time. It's been about 3 weeks since I last tried. Any suggestions?

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't call it a failure on my phone. My batter life was great over the weekend. But I didn't text as much, but used the phone a little more including as the GPS. I didn't even charge it at all on Saturday. Maybe it's because I didn't receive as many emails in a day as I usually do through the week. I still have the wireless manager after I updated mine. In fact all of my apps were there after I updated mine to 8773.

Is is safe yet to say the 8773 update for the Flash was a failure? My battery is totally dead in 6 hours and that's with no apps installed. Plus I can't get rid of that app index abc crap no matter what I try. I uninstalled every uninstallable app on my phone and it still wouldn't go away. And I tried that on both 8773 & my 7720 backup. To make matters worst I can't do a factory reset on 8773 or on my 7720 backup, because if I do, the Sumsung hub does show up, then I can't get the Wireless Manager app, which i need because I'm on Net10. I was thinking about restoring my 7720 backup again today, do a factory reset and just update to 8107 and pray the Samsung hub shows up this time. It's been about 3 weeks since I last tried. Any suggestions?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Is is safe yet to say the 8773 update for the Flash was a failure? My battery is totally dead in 6 hours and that's with no apps installed.

Any suggestions?

I may have a workaround for battery drain but you have to test it to see if make a difference see this.

Has for the Samsung Zone disappearing.

When I restored back to 8107 to test mango versus tango battery. I lost my Samsung Zone, but installed Samsung AllShare and Both AT&T and Samsung Zone's reappeared. i could care less about at&t zone, but, samsung zone have to have..

Try this Link with your phone itself

if that does not work, then windowbreak your phone and try it again..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05