Tango 8773 and FirmWare 2103.12.05.04

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
:Tango 8773 is slowly being released, if you have not got it yet. Please keep on checking via Zune or Phone will notify you, if you have option turned on. it appears to be a staggered release

I am fairly heavy user has I use alot of features once again and cell reception is average.

Update:Some Users Have Reported Having Battery Problem's after the Samsung Firmware Update, I have noticed battery levels have been much lower after the firmware update & tango in particular the software radio that got updated has part of firmware release. The voltage appears to be much lower with firmware update and tango installed. Where has with Mango and Firmware update voltage is much higher. I cannot rollback the software radio update because that is locked once it is installed. I need proper tool's and old firmware update to restore things back, and to verify for sure what I am seeing in diag's mode.

Make sure you have a good backup to restore from before you installed 8107 and Higher.:Update:

AT&T is Rolling out Tango updates finally

Some user's that have branded or unbranded focus flash are reporting getting the update. While other have not gotten it yet. I am on Net10 AT&T Compatible Sim and because Net10 is a MVNO buy's wholesale from AT&T, it is considered Open Network and my updates comes from Microsoft or Samsung . Your Update Depends on when your Carrier Release's it..AT&T is usually the last to roll them out..
===========

Still no Focus Flash or Omina W Firmware Update posted on Xda to add to for CAB Install method.

I would say CAB Install Update but you will miss out on Firmware Update itself. So hold off if you can and check via Zune or Phone first else try trick below..

Zune Trick

1. Start Zune
2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
4. Start the update search in Zune
5. About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
6. Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press OK.
7. Connect to the internet again and install the update. Rety til it works, and You will have to do this with each individual update available, depending on what version you have installed so from 7740 goes to 8107,8112,8773, Samsung Update

Updates are depending on what version you are at
I was at 8107 so no pic..
8773 OS updates.
FirmWare Update.

My Flash is still branded and locked by the way.

Mango & Tango Updates list of fixes or features added:

7.10.8107 Windows Phone 7.5 Consumer Refresh, added:
LTE support
Fixed keyboard disappearing bug
Fixed location access issue
Other bugfixes.

7.10.8112 Windows Phone 7.5 Consumer Refresh 2 (CR2)
Initial release for AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 & HTC Titan II.

7.10.8773 "Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh aka Tango"
Better media messaging
Ability to send ringtones via MMS
Export and manage contacts to SIM card <- Do not see this has a option in Tango
Support for low-cost devices with 256 MB RAM and low clock CPU.
New wallpapers <- old wallpapers where replaced..
Letter indexing <-ABC App List will now disappear with less than 40 apps installed..
More reliable notifications <- toast notifcation are much faster
Attachment download with Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server
Faster numeric PIN response

======

Samsung Firmware Update
FirmWare Update -

I noticed that I am getting better Cell Reception at a cost of Battery Life has result of the firmware update.

Firmware Revision 2103.12.05.04
Hardware Revision Number 23.1.0.8
Radio Software Version: 2103.12.5.4
Radio Hardware Version: 0.0.0.6
BootLoader Version 6.5.17.0
Chip SOC Version 0.74.21.1

==========

My Daily Phone Usage is this, I listen to about 7 hours of Music non streaming and

Cell Data Usage is this Surf about 45 to 1 Hour at work. Beside getting txt messages at various times. Samsung Now, Wpcentral, Gleek running in background checking every 30 minutes or 1 hour in background etc. Email Checking every 2 hours. I would come home and battery would be less than 45% after 8 hours.

Today - Signal stayed at 2 bars most of day, It did drop to 1 depending on where I was at in building. Battery life was at 55% when I came home and had been 8 hours since it was last plugged in..

I was able to hit 5 bars today outside during my break, usually it i just 4 bars..

About a 10% Increase in battery life because of slighty better reception, I will do the same tommorrow at work has above.

has another test and will also check the wifi range later tonight after it cools off. I am able to get about 75 feet away from house before I lose the wifi signal.

======

Seems to be working better for Sure. But I should have better idea in a few days if the Firmware update improved Cell Reception and Battery Life. For Now back on Wifi and Charger..

Maps and Local Scout are little faster I noticed..

Last edited:

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I forced the update through the internet trick, but only got up to 8773 without the firmware update. I am also using an AT&T Samsung Focus Flash through Straight Talk, so it was nice not having to unlock the phone since it already recognized AT&T, but it's way cheaper lol.

Anyway, I performed a hard reset and immediately the update was found after I did that. I think it had to do with this thing I found that invovles unlocking your Samsung device (you go to a website and download some type of .xml file or something) and I think that messed with some registry files in my phone (the purpose of the hack was to get internet sharing and block your phone from AT&T I think or something). Regardless, after performing a hard reset (and apparently wiping these hack files and resetting the registry) my phone was recognized as an AT&T phone again lol. The phone also seems slightly snappier (could be placebo, but I'm really OCD and would notice these things).

Call me crazy, but I think the scrolling may have improved a bit (at least for me). Before the firmware update, it seems like it wouldn't kinetically scroll right, and a hard fast flick would result in the screen barely moving half an inch. Now it seems to be a little better. I was on 8107 before, but I think the firmware update was what I was waiting for the fix hardware bugs (like the touchscreen) and software (radio fixes and battery life).

Also, the keyboard seems to have improved, which I didn't notice coming from 7720-8107 (many people said that the 8107 update improved their keyboard accuracy, but for me I never noticed anything on 8107 alone without a firmware update from the respective OEM). I've had a Radar, HD7, Arrive, Lumia 710, Focus, and now this Focus Flash, and this is the first update where I've noticed that the keyboard has improved since NoDo. Heck, it may even be back to NoDo status because one-handed typing is fast and easy like it used to be on my first day with Windows Phone (way back on my Arrive with Sprint during the era of the LEAKED RTM Mango updates lol).

Last edited:

godoy.rafa

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I did the CAB method to update to 8773. My phone is unbranded, and I use it in Brazil.
So, by using the CAB method, this means that I won't receive the firmware update? Or they are not related?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Day Two with New Firmware

Battery is at 51% percent today when I got home, yesterday at about same time 55% percent. Background apps where little more active today. 2 bars most of day at work inside once again.

Anyway, I performed a hard reset and immediately the update was found after I did that.

The phone also seems slightly snappier (could be placebo, but I'm really OCD and would notice these things).

Call me crazy, but I think the scrolling may have improved a bit (at least for me).

Also, the keyboard seems to have improved,

You could have added the wrong xml (perhaps xml data was for omina W and not at&t).

Sad to hear a hard reset was required in order to get the Update with FirmWare. But Firmware is big improvement overall for Cell and Battery Life.

But I also noticed I no longer get the yellow screen flash when switching between apps like I used too. I had this on my first flash and second flash, but, after updating the firmware have not had it happen yet.

Phone seems slighty faster when doing certain opening ie, apps in general that could be Tango optimization most likely.

Keyboard was fixed for me with 8107 cause it no longer disappeared..:lol:

I did the CAB method to update to 8773. My phone is unbranded, and I use it in Brazil.
So, by using the CAB method, this means that I won't receive the firmware update? Or they are not related?

The Firmware update for the AT&T Branded Focus Flash has not been posted on XDA yet.

If you have a Omina W I believe the firmware is on XDA now for it. But I would not try using on the flash may brick it..

If you have the AT&T version then and unbranded then who is your carrier ?

From my understanding Tango is rolling out worldwide till some time in June..So it just may be a matter of time before you get it..

AT&T not sure what is up their butt, but, I am glad I am Net10/StraightTalk User no bs when the Tango rolled out for me all via Zune.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
My phone is sold in Brazil as Omina W, but actually it is SGH-I677 (SGH-I677HKLZTO).

So, do you think that if I use the Omnia W firmware I could brick my phone??

No, if you phone is Omnia W is should be fine. Firmware sometimes contain's Carrier specific fixes so that is why I stated that.

But I would check on Xda to see if has been posted, do not see it listed yet. Just checked a few minutes ago..

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Day Two with New Firmware

Battery is at 51% percent today when I got home, yesterday at about same time 55% percent. Background apps where little more active today. 2 bars most of day at work inside once again.

You could have added the wrong xml (perhaps xml data was for omina W and not at&t).

Sad to hear a hard reset was required in order to get the Update with FirmWare. But Firmware is big improvement overall for Cell and Battery Life.

But I also noticed I no longer get the yellow screen flash when switching between apps like I used too. I had this on my first flash and second flash, but, after updating the firmware have not had it happen yet.

Phone seems slighty faster when doing certain opening ie, apps in general that could be Tango optimization most likely.

Keyboard was fixed for me with 8107 cause it no longer disappeared..:lol:.

For me, the keyboard improvement came from the actually accuracy and not only the disappearing keyboard problems. Back in NoDo, I could literally type on the virtual keyboard without looking down nearly and it would be so accurate that it was mind blowing. I know they introduced a new feature in the keyboard in Mango, but I believe it had negative effects on the typing accuracy. After Mango (7720) my keyboard accuracy had gone downhill and it was much easier to make mistakes and way harder to type (especially one-handed). When ppl started pushing 8107 through the cab method, they were reporting the accuracy had improved (along with the fix for the dissapperaing keyboard), but for me the accuracy was still low until now. Perhaps Samsung made firmware changes to the touch screen?

The phone just seems snappier to me though, and it makes my phone feel new again. Its really nice (especially amongst the whole 7.8 debate and knowing this phone won't get anymore huge updates anymore....though I'm not worried since I am contract free :D )

Duct Tape Panties

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I forced the update through the internet trick, but only got up to 8773 without the firmware update. I am also using an AT&T Samsung Focus Flash through Straight Talk, so it was nice not having to unlock the phone since it already recognized AT&T, but it's way cheaper lol.

Anyway, I performed a hard reset and immediately the update was found after I did that. I think it had to do with this thing I found that invovles unlocking your Samsung device (you go to a website and download some type of .xml file or something) and I think that messed with some registry files in my phone (the purpose of the hack was to get internet sharing and block your phone from AT&T I think or something). Regardless, after performing a hard reset (and apparently wiping these hack files and resetting the registry) my phone was recognized as an AT&T phone again lol. The phone also seems slightly snappier (could be placebo, but I'm really OCD and would notice these things).

Call me crazy, but I think the scrolling may have improved a bit (at least for me). Before the firmware update, it seems like it wouldn't kinetically scroll right, and a hard fast flick would result in the screen barely moving half an inch. Now it seems to be a little better. I was on 8107 before, but I think the firmware update was what I was waiting for the fix hardware bugs (like the touchscreen) and software (radio fixes and battery life).

Also, the keyboard seems to have improved, which I didn't notice coming from 7720-8107 (many people said that the 8107 update improved their keyboard accuracy, but for me I never noticed anything on 8107 alone without a firmware update from the respective OEM). I've had a Radar, HD7, Arrive, Lumia 710, Focus, and now this Focus Flash, and this is the first update where I've noticed that the keyboard has improved since NoDo. Heck, it may even be back to NoDo status because one-handed typing is fast and easy like it used to be on my first day with Windows Phone (way back on my Arrive with Sprint during the era of the LEAKED RTM Mango updates lol).

just did the internet trick & my phone went from 7720 to 7740, then stopped. what the **** just happened? i should have just waited

ok, kept doing the internet trick, now i'm on 8107, then it stopped again

Last edited:

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
just did the internet trick & my phone went from 7720 to 7740, then stopped. what the **** just happened? i should have just waited

ok, kept doing the internet trick, now i'm on 8107, then it stopped again

Just keep doing the internet trick and they'll come. I had to do it 2 different times for each update (8112 and then 8773....the Samsung firmware update came without needing to disconnect the internet) since I had already used the cab send to update my Flash to 8107.

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so is it normal that I dont have the Tango update yet from ATT? Is AT&T even updating the Flashes? Also, how do you do the internet trick on a desktop?

Duct Tape Panties

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Somehow I got distracted while my phone was updating to 8773. I heard it reboot twice, but I never looked to confirm if I was getting the samsung firmware update right after 8773. I know my lockscreen wallpaper changed to some green plants and my about screen says this:

OS version 7.10.8773.98
Firmware Revision 2103.12.05.04
Hardware Revision Number 23.1.0.8
Radio Software Version: 2103.12.5.4
Radio Hardware Version: 0.0.0.6
BootLoader Version 6.5.17.0
Chip SOC Version 0.74.21.1

Is there something new I can look for to verify that I have the samsung update or does this about screen say enough?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Still have not seen Focus Flash / Omina W Firmware Posted on XDA Yet..

Added Zune Workaround to opening post

Ok, so is it normal that I dont have the Tango update yet from ATT? Is AT&T even updating the Flashes? Also, how do you do the internet trick on a desktop?

1. Start Zune
2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
4. Start the update search in Zune
5. About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
6. Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press OK.
7. Connect to the internet again and install the update. Rety til it works, and You will have to do this with each individual update available, depending on what version you have installed so from 7740 goes to 8107,8112,8773, Samsung Update

gaurav.231089

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have got 8112 update now after day of mess installing drivers....and now how to get 8773 and firmware update? Via internet trick only?

Sent from my GT-I8350 using Board Express

gaurav.231089

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Finally got tango and firmware update....but how to export sim contacts?? And fb message problem was even before update on 8107

Sent from my GT-I8350 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikazkhan