Focus Flash always charging (consequently does not sync to Zune)

rafael913

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
For some reason my Focus Flash keeps thinking its charging even when it's not. When I actually plug it in and charge it, it works just fine and charges all the way. But when I unplug it, there must be some software or firmware glitch that causes it to think it's always charging.

On a probably related note, when I connect it to my computer, neither the computer nor the Zune software recognizes the phone. Luckily, I had it set up to wirelessly sync on my home network. But if I'm not here at home, then I can't sync it. And best of all, because it doesn't recognize the phone, I can't update my phone either.

I've considered that it may be the USB ports or the sync cable but I'm almost positive its neither of those because I've tried other devices on all ports and they all work fine, and I've tried my phone on all ports and nothing works. Also, the cable charges the phone perfectly well so I don't think it's the cable either. I've tried tweeting Windows Phone Support and they couldn't figure it out. So I'll probably have to go to AT&T so they can convince me it's something else and never solve my problem. :mad: I thought I'd check on the wpcentral forums though just to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks,
rafael913

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I agree try a hard reset

have you tried pulling out the battery and resetting it has well

are you using the orig samsung usb cable and charger

does the computer see the phone has a usb device when plugged in..

did you play around and change how usb mode work's maybe ..

martijnvnloon

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problems. I have tried a hard reset, taking out the battery and anything else i can think of.

My phone also repeatedly vibrates and turns on the screen, making the battery run out very fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon