My untech savy father in law got this on my recomendation for the easier Windows Phone, (was coming from a Razor)...now it's broken...

Can't take a picture at all.
    I go to app page, click the physical button, try to open the camera through attaching a new pic in a text message...nothing...all ways do the same thing, flash the camera screen onscreen for half a second, then vanish.

This was happening before any updates, and I fgured I would try to update to Tango, through ATT, have all the updates and still nothing.

I have done the usual, turn off and on, take out the battery, everything short of a hard reset because, it should just work and to set the phone up again would be a pain...

Help?
    07-29-2012 11:54 PM
    Plug it in to Zune and check the available memory. You might be able to adjust the saved space to gain more memory if that's the issue.
    07-30-2012 06:59 AM
    Interesting idea...
    Did not work...

next is to download an app that uses the camera see if that works...
    07-30-2012 09:35 PM
    I think you'll have to do a hard reset.
    07-30-2012 09:54 PM
    I think you'll have to do a hard reset.
    I am figuring as much but really don't want to. Backup can't come soon enough...to7.8...
    07-30-2012 10:27 PM
    Interesting idea...
    Did not work...

next is to download an app that uses the camera see if that works...
    FhotoRoom has a great camera but any camera app should work

Does the camera work if you have option "tap screen to take pic" turned on or does it just open/close ..

Check the camera itself from Diagnositics Mode

Dial ##634#
    Diagnosis App should install
    Start Diagnosis App put in
    *#05#
    Press 2. Camera

Does it work ? or just open/close
    if not then you have a faulty camera, Call AT&T..

if yes then something else ?
    07-31-2012 11:29 AM
    Could you eleborate on the steps after you put in the *#05# i did that but nothing happened
    03-31-2013 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD