I also posted this in the Focus S and original Focus sub-forums. I am curious about getting my fellow Samsung WP users opinion: Liking the ATIV? Most of us on this Forum (and on the "S") will most likely have to wait to get a WP8 for a while, unless you are thinking of buying out of pocket. (I am just that stupid, by the way.) So it is just that first impression I am trolling for.

Like what Sammy is doing here? Or is it unimpressive to you?
    08-31-2012 11:23 AM
    I also posted this in the Focus S and original Focus sub-forums. I am curious about getting my fellow Samsung WP users opinion: Liking the ATIV? Most of us on this Forum (and on the "S") will most likely have to wait to get a WP8 for a while, unless you are thinking of buying out of pocket. (I am just that stupid, by the way.) So it is just that first impression I am trolling for.

Like what Sammy is doing here? Or is it unimpressive to you?
    From all of the write ups I have read they are saying that it is the same size as the Samsung Galaxy S III, which my wife has. If that is true, then to me it is just too big and will be too pricy.

Personally I hope Samsung comes out with a 4 inch ATIV model too. Otherwise I just may stick with WP 7.8 on my Focus Flash.
    09-02-2012 04:32 PM
    From all of the write ups I have read they are saying that it is the same size as the Samsung Galaxy S III, which my wife has. If that is true, then to me it is just too big and will be too pricy.

Personally I hope Samsung comes out with a 4 inch ATIV model too. Otherwise I just may stick with WP 7.8 on my Focus Flash.
    Your wife doesn't mind the size? (no pun intended).

The GS3 feels awesome. More so than I thought it would from hearing/seeing the specs.
    09-02-2012 09:43 PM
    I love it. I am impressed. If the 920 is the next WP8 device, it'll be a tough decision. I love my GS3's screen real estate, but if the 920 has pureview technology and is as good as the hype, it'll be hard to say no.
    09-02-2012 09:45 PM
    Meh...Samsung is Samsung. Just making a huge device isn't the end of the world. Nokia, for any reason they are with MS, have been truly dedicated to the OS. Now THAT'S what counts. Samsung can jump off the boat any day. Of course, you might argue, that with the number of Apple lawsuits behind them, why would they leave WP boat. You never know, as from what I read last, Google is entering the arena. And if that happens, you, I, Samsung AND Apple know how ugly things can get.

So, long story short, no. I'm not impressed.

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.
    09-02-2012 10:09 PM
    It's a bit big for me (that's what she said) but it may be moot point; none of Sammy's current devices are available in Canada. I'm most looking forward to the new Nokias, but that being said I seriously considered importing an ATT Focus S when they were released.
    09-03-2012 12:00 AM
    I absolutely love at least the thought of the ATIV. It is an interesting device. One of the things I really like about the Focus Flasjh is the physical home button- just thought it was a tad big (seems to be a recurring theme here). Love the touch it has added to the ATIV. For those of us who have enjoyed our Samsungs, it will be a good bid for our money.

Going to be interesting to see where it ends up. @freestaterocker: surely some of the nicer WP8's will end up in Canada, wouldn't you think? Law of averages and all.
    09-03-2012 12:38 AM
    I really like the look of the device, plus I want something bigger than my flash, so this may be it. Still going to wait to see what other manufacturers release.
    09-03-2012 09:01 AM
    Your wife doesn't mind the size? (no pun intended).

The GS3 feels awesome. More so than I thought it would from hearing/seeing the specs.
    LOL. No she doesn't. It's a case of the phone being 'purse-able' vs. 'pocket-able'.
    ;)
    09-03-2012 02:25 PM
    I really like the look of the device, plus I want something bigger than my flash, so this may be it. Still going to wait to see what other manufacturers release.
    Yeah I'm interested in what Nokia will announce this week.

On the other hand, I just saw the Samsung Galaxy Victory LTE for Sprint with a 4 inch screen, so since the ATIV S is based on the GSIII, maybe there will be a ATIV based on this Galaxy varient also.
    09-03-2012 02:29 PM
    I like the look of the ATIV, and I like the fact that Samsung are extending the name to Windows 8 tablets - it groups the whole lot together nicely. It's not an outstanding device though, just the one that was expected; a GS3 in a slightly different shell running Windows Phone.
    09-03-2012 04:00 PM
    ATIV S looks like it would just be too large for me, I have small hands so need to be able to work phone via one hand, fit in pocket. The Phone looks awesome, thin has ****. But not too sold at this moment.

After watching Nokia event the 920 and 820 are more to my liking. Leaning more toward 820 has 4.3 is about has large has I want in screen.

We still have HTC event ahead, and samsung mid and low end phones..

Samsung and HTC will need to step up on the plate with innovation for WP8 to compete with Nokia.

============
    tpbklake likes this.
    09-05-2012 10:52 AM
    ATIV S looks like it would just be too large for me, I have small hands so need to be able to work phone via one hand, fit in pocket. The Phone looks awesome, thin has ****. But not too sold at this moment.

After watching Nokia event the 920 and 820 are more to my liking. Leaning more toward 820 has 4.3 is about has large has I want in screen.

We still have HTC event ahead, and samsung mid and low end phones..

Samsung and HTC will need to step up on the plate with innovation for WP8 to compete with Nokia.

============
    I would agree with you. Based on what has been announced so far, I would lean towards the 820 also since it has the smallest screen, but at 4.3 is the same size as the 900 which is bigger than I would prefer.

Here's hoping Samsung or HTC will have something in the 3.7 - 4.0 range.
    09-05-2012 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD