My next phone.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
No question about it. I was going to buy it day one, but I'm a budget college student. Decided on waiting until Black Friday!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
im def gona buy one too :) i dont think its out yet in Canada :(

any one know whos getting it in canada???(Rogers, telus , bell? i dont think its BELL ) and the date?

benjiprice

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
WPCentral article.

This one?
http://www.windowscentral.com/ATT-samsung-focus-s-coming-october-11th

"Update: We've been tipped that the phone will be available the first week of November in retail. (Thanks, Jason)"

Doesn't seem confirmed.

Daniel R. said this in the comments:
"Source: 50/50. But, we'll say it jives with other things we've heard and it just makes sense (Windows Phone 7 launched in November too in the US), but take it with a grain of salt."

Or was there a later article that I missed?

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
This one?
http://www.windowscentral.com/ATT-samsung-focus-s-coming-october-11th

"Update: We've been tipped that the phone will be available the first week of November in retail. (Thanks, Jason)"

Doesn't seem confirmed.

Daniel R. said this in the comments:
"Source: 50/50. But, we'll say it jives with other things we've heard and it just makes sense (Windows Phone 7 launched in November too in the US), but take it with a grain of salt."

Or was there a later article that I missed?

Hmm, I somehow missed that one. Well, I hope it's true. If so, seems very odd that nothing has been announced. Anyways, delays always happen, so anything is possible.

By the way, does anyone have any detail on which NFC chip this phone uses and some article pointing to it even having one?

Last edited:

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I somehow missed that one. Well, I hope it's true. If so, seems very odd that nothing has been announced. Anyways, delays always happen, so anything is possible.

By the way, does anyone have any detail on which NFC chip this phone uses and some article pointing to it even having one?

Yeah don't worry I didn't see that either and I read that article. It must have been updated a day or two later and of course by that time noone really looks back to check for updates :/.

Also, I did hear about the NFC but I don't have a "for sure" source.

benjiprice

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it will have NFC. WP7 won't add support for NFC until 2012, so I doubt Sammy would include include it. I imagine MS will want to build up an ecosystem similar to Google wallet before launching it (even though payments aren't the only use for NFC) as well as define acceptable hardware.

Windows phones to get NFC in 2012