So dissapointed...

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I really thought we would get that 32gb....I should have known better. I REALLY want a WP but 16gb is just not enough for me, the Focus is a solid device but the Focus S is much better, im just really annoyed right now.

greenjbhsd

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I was initially thinking that too, but then I took a step back. I am seriously lazy when it comes to loading music on the devices. I tend to dump it all on. I will take a little more time now in the creation of playlists and put what I need on there and not do a full dump. I don't put videos on anymore either. Once I stepped back I realized that while I want more, 16 will be just fine. Just scale back your loading!

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I was initially thinking that too, but then I took a step back. I am seriously lazy when it comes to loading music on the devices. I tend to dump it all on. I will take a little more time now in the creation of playlists and put what I need on there and not do a full dump. I don't put videos on anymore either. Once I stepped back I realized that while I want more, 16 will be just fine. Just scale back your loading!

You DO have a point, there are a lot of songs that I dont listen too per say but still 32gb would have been nice...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Do you guys seriously fill up 16G without loading any movies? I can't imagine I load everything on my device I have barley hit 6G and I have alot of stuff at least I think I do.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys seriously fill up 16G without loading any movies? I can't imagine I load everything on my device I have barley hit 6G and I have alot of stuff at least I think I do.

Absolutly, I listen to a lot of my music everyday, picture albums can take up a lot as well.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I never bother with storing music, but i'm lucky enough to have a Zune Pass and unlimited data so don't need to thanks to streaming.

I've never even came close to filling my 8GB Omnia with apps and games and I have loads of them. :)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I remember back when the first desktop computers came out with 1GB hard drives and I thought what are people going to do with all that space. :D

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I remember back when the first desktop computers came out with 1GB hard drives and I thought what are people going to do with all that space. :D
Yeah i know, heck i'd even buy a Focus S with 4GB if i could, just for the display, wouldn't care about the 4 GB palandri LOL :)

But as i'm in Europe I haven't been given the chance Grrrrr :(

dawrath

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I got use to not always having a signal when on Army duty at remote locations. Plus can go in airplane mode to save battery if the music is already on my device! 16 GB is really small these days. Like my old Zune I got second hand was 40GB if I remember correctly. 16 GB in 2011 really???

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Why do you think Zune came in 30, 64, 80 and 120gb flavors? WP is supposed to be the replacement for Zune. I personally have about 35gb on the computer/players, and 100's of cds that never made it there. I have 3 different players, if WP doesn't have bigger memory when I upgrade, it won't bother me, but like someone said, in 2011, really? I think a lot of this is related to the so far lackluster sales, an OEM/carrier doesn't want to get stuck with even more expensive unsold hardware. As sales improve, (i fervently hope), the hardware should improve too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)