Looks Like MS Has A Lot More Training To Do With The Carriers And Reps

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Nice. I sold a guy at an att store on a focus s because the hacks working there didn't know anything about it. They had am HD7S that wasn't ewm working. The focus hadn't even been update to Mango.

Mangos taste better than apples!

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
The focus hadn't even been update to Mango.

It is my understanding that the Focus cannot be sold with any of the OS updates. One reason is that it would add another way for carriers to confuse themselves about the paltform. Another is that it would be considered a modificaton of a product. Lastly, and more likely, the Focus is free on contract and the Focus Flash is $50. Most people shopping for a 3.7 - 4" screened device are not worried about the processor, even though the performance diference is not noticable.

All the Foci being sold are on version 7008. :-(

CRC Kenshin

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
So I go into my local ATT store today and this is what greets me at the Focus S rack....

My wife and I visited the AT&T store in Watauga, TX USA today to do some hands on with the new Samsung Focus S and Focus Flash. I was EXTREMELY disappointed with my experience at the store.

1. The Windows Phones were dumped into the far back corner of the store with no visible POP.

2. The employee assigned to help my wife and I out had just come back from vacation and had NO knowledge what-so-ever about the Focus S or the Focus Flash. He admitted this openly and proceeded to read us information off the display card.

3. On DAY 1 of the release of these phones, the touch screen on the Focus S was heavily scratched (no small feat on Corning Gorilla Glass) where they attached the security clip. Leaves an incredibly poor impression for customers. (attached image ?Focus S Fail 1.jpg?)

4. The magnet holding the Focus S to the display pulls the back off the phone when you lift it up from the display. Under normal circumstances, this would be difficult to pull off, but the magnet was placed perfectly to make the phone look poorly built. (attached image ?Focus S Fail 2.jpg?)

5. The information card for the Samsung Focus Flash incorrectly identifies the screen as a Super AMOLED Plus (it's just a standard Super AMOLED screen). (attached image ?Focus Flash Fail.jpg?)

6. Neither phone was set up with a Windows Live ID, so no game demos were pre-installed (nor could be installed). There were links in the Games Hub (like "Try Angry Birds") that just lead to the marketplace. This was terrible when people were trying out games on Apple and Android devices at displays on BOTH sides of the Windows Phone section.

I went into the store with the hopes of selling my wife on upgrading from a iPhone 4 to a Windows Phone - the poor store display turned my wife to get a iPhone 4S instead. People question why Windows Phone is not gaining traction in the marketplace? I can tell you why - we're losing at the stores where they are merchandised to sell everything BUT Windows Phone and staffed by associates unfamiliar with the platform. It makes me sad.

John

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Should rename this thread to "Focus S retail disasters" and send it to Microsoft. After all the talk, it seems the reality is only WE care one jot about WP7 and how it performs in the market, Microsoft and definitely the US carriers dont give a damn and I doubt even Nokia can reverse the bias.

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what webOS devices went through with carriers and retail stores. We have to keep the pressure on MS over this, and harass the carriers because this bias is unacceptable.

Sent from my SGH-i917. using Board Express

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Once again Microsoft has no control over these wireless stores. They can try to bribe them into doing a better job, but ultimately people are better off going to a Microsoft Store is they can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb