Got less than 12 hours battery time.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the smartphone world. Is this normal for heavy use. I played with it a lot today, but did not stream any videos. How is everyone else's battery life?

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
You said heavy usage. I would think 12 hours isn't bad at first with heavy usage.

Normally after I charge my phone, under settings>battery saver it say 1 day 12 hours left.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it's basing on my usage habit isn't it? I used it heavily yesterday.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been getting terrible battery life with this phone. And I've not been using it too heavily. I've only had it two days, so I'll keep a closer eye on it.

ScubaSteve2

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think the jury is still out on the battery life. It didn't last me all day today. But it has also never been fully charged (charged it probably about 80% this morning). I played with it a good amount, but did not do any streaming really. I did have Wi-Fi on all day, and most internet usage was over Wi-Fi. But hopefully after a few charge cycles it will get better battery life.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
You may want to look into the Titan if battery life is your concern. The Titan should be released by the time your 30 day return time is up. So, I would recommend going in and seeing if you like that phone.

StriderNo9

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Someone at the XDA forums said this:

yesterday was the first full day i had with it, and i took it off the charger around 11am and when i got back at 330am, it still had about 30% left.

and it was a moderate to high moderate day of usage for me (listened to podcasts in the car for about 2 hours total, music at work for about 2 hours, updated posts, read facebook/twitter/websites, played some games.

i also have okay to poor reception at work, so that probably didn't help battery issues when i moved into areas with poor reception.

so in conclusion, i'm quite happy with how well it's holding up so far, as good as the original focus i had, if not even better.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Fully charged it this morning. Unplugged at 7:45am. It's about 6:45pm right now and I have 55% battery life left! I am pleased!

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been absolutely fantastic. Right now my stats are:

Time since last charge: 13 hours
Percent left: 29%

This is with moderate usage. Three times better than my old Focus.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been absolutely fantastic. Right now my stats are:

Time since last charge: 13 hours
Percent left: 29%

This is with moderate usage. Three times better than my old Focus.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Right this second I'm at 47% left with 11 hours since last charge.

jawesome

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't paid attention to battery life much yet but today I listened to music for an hour, used my phone for 4 hours straight (mostly browsing internet with WiFi off), and then let my phone sit for an hour and it was down to 10%. Medium brightness.

timGSU

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
You may want to look into the Titan if battery life is your concern. The Titan should be released by the time your 30 day return time is up. So, I would recommend going in and seeing if you like that phone.

Not sure why you are saying to look at the titan? It has a 1600 mAh battery vs the Focus S's 1650 mAh.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Based on what I read, it's really 1.4 as the "official" speed, but not the max speed. HTC has decided to overclock it. But it's legitimate. So it comes in a 1.5 flavor from HTC, not Qualcomm...if that makes sense.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I unplugged the phone at 7am.

I've only had 7 or 8 short calls today (2-3 minutes each), with 15 minutes of streaming a podcast, and 45 minutes of listening to music via headphones. 5 minutes of GPS use, and another 10 minutes of fiddling around the UI doing web browsing and calendar stuff. Push exchange email. And the Samsung Weather backgrounding is turned on.

So here I am at 3pm down to 33%.

If I have a long call, I'll be juiceless for the drive home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05