Setting it up as we speak....

Mangos taste better than apples!
    11-15-2011 03:21 PM
    Colour me jealous!

Enjoy, dude. :)
    11-15-2011 03:22 PM
    How do I get my apps from the Focus to the S?
    11-15-2011 03:38 PM
    Reinstall manually. Unfortunately, there is no way to make your new phone like your old phone automatically that I'm aware of. It's one thing I really miss about the iPhone. I had an iPhone 3g, and when I upgraded to the iPhone 4 everything got moved over, including text messages, call logs, etc. In addition, any game progress will be lost too, another extremely confusing item, considering it seems to me that having an xbox gaming hub implies certain benefits...
    11-15-2011 04:03 PM
    Reinstall manually. Unfortunately, there is no way to make your new phone like your old phone automatically that I'm aware of. It's one thing I really miss about the iPhone. I had an iPhone 3g, and when I upgraded to the iPhone 4 everything got moved over, including text messages, call logs, etc. In addition, any game progress will be lost too, another extremely confusing item, considering it seems to me that having an xbox gaming hub implies certain benefits...
    He can restore a backup from his Zune client, as long as it's the same one that he sync'd his original Focus to, but that's the only way. This is the next thing that Microsoft needs to work on. It's time for wireless updates and syncing.
    jfa1 likes this.
    11-15-2011 04:27 PM
    thats nice to know gravage!
    11-15-2011 04:53 PM
    that is good info, i wasn't aware you could sync a backup to a different device (different meaning hardware wise, like a focus backup to a titan, etc)
    11-15-2011 05:04 PM
    So, how do I create a backup? I have a focus s, and I'm probably going to exchange it for a titan this sunday, but I have all my apps and such set up perfect right now.

I remember creating a backup on my old focus when I upgraded to mango, but I certainly don't want to restore from that backup. It's quite an old backup, and most of my config has changed since then, plus I've added many apps. It's not even a mango backup, it's nodo, correct? Would that even work? I'm looking all through my zune client, I don't see how to create a backup.
    11-15-2011 05:38 PM
    Found a way to do it on the windows phone website. Little time consuming, but will do the trick.
    11-15-2011 05:54 PM
    11-15-2011 05:56 PM
    Do what you will do, but I would never backup from one device to another, even if it was easy. Always the possibility of small things missing or added inadvertently, potentially causing instability down the road. Start from scratch and get you know your new device.

Dang, I even hard reset before installing Mango. Install went perfect and the phone runs smooth as silk. Oh, and the reload included 170 apps, so no easy task, but worth it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    11-15-2011 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD