The S is going back

Depatter

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought the case mate tough case from the AT&T store today. The case is flush with the buttons and eliminates those accidental button pushes.

timGSU

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
Calibrate the screen? How?

To really compare the screen's color temperatures turn the brightness up all the way, turn off any adjustments like auto-brightness, etc....then compare the same image on both devices......you'll see that same blue'ish hue on both devices.

(just like the 4s has yellow and blue hues)

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Are there any noticeable bugs that you've come across with the Titan that we are experiencing with the Focus S? I just had to cycle my Focus S in and out of airplane mode just to reestablish a connection. I have full WiFi through the house but this phone just seems to lose its mind once in a while on WiFi. Just highly annoyed now.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
Using hidden AP, no problems so far. Kinda suprised WP7 even supports hidden AP, given the Zune HD still doesn't :p
To really compare the screen's color temperatures turn the brightness up all the way, turn off any adjustments like auto-brightness, etc....then compare the same image on both devices......you'll see that same blue'ish hue on both devices.

(just like the 4s has yellow and blue hues)

Ah, that. Yeah, considering blue has the shortest lifespan of the three OLED color elements, I can see why they'd make the blue stronger.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
That happened to me today too. Wifi, not network for surfing. ATT said it is something that randomly gets shut off in Samsung phones. All the more reason to sit on my original Focus until Nokia's line up is announced.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Are there any noticeable bugs that you've come across with the Titan that we are experiencing with the Focus S? I just had to cycle my Focus S in and out of airplane mode just to reestablish a connection. I have full WiFi through the house but this phone just seems to lose its mind once in a while on WiFi. Just highly annoyed now.

As we all know, Wifi turns off after awhile when you've locked the screen to save battery life. I like this. But the Focus S seems to take an extra five seconds for the Wifi to wake up compared to the Titan, which seems to start connecting right after I swipe the wallpaper up.

EDIT: Okay, not five seconds, but long enough to notice.

Last edited:

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I will be checking out the Titan Sunday as well. The camera button, keyboard lag and battery life are killing the fun for me with this phone. I am just afraid that I will find just as many things wrong with the Titan.

I'm not sure how you could possibly be getting bad battery life on this phone, but you're going to be sorely disappointed if you're expecting the Titan to be better.

timGSU

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
That happened to me today too. Wifi, not network for surfing. ATT said it is something that randomly gets shut off in Samsung phones. All the more reason to sit on my original Focus until Nokia's line up is announced.

It's all Samsung phones and I had this same problem on the original Focus.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought the case mate tough case from the AT&T store today. The case is flush with the buttons and eliminates those accidental button pushes.

I agree. The Case Mate Tough Case is the way to go if you want those buttons not to be so finicky. But AT&T wants freakin $45 for that! No way I'm paying that for a plastic/silicon case.

ScubaSteve2

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree. The Case Mate Tough Case is the way to go if you want those buttons not to be so finicky. But AT&T wants freakin $45 for that! No way I'm paying that for a plastic/silicon case.

Then don't pay $45. Use the 25% off discount by going to att.com/discount. You also get free two day shipping.

D.A.R.Y.L.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
1. The numerous little bugs (keyboard, laggy when charging, home button lag) that can probably be fixed via an update, but the big question would be when

My Dell Venue pro has the same problem when charging when using the on screen keyboard.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My Titan (on the first full day of use) was off the charger for 19 hours and still had 7% life when I plugged it in. And that's with WiFi on all day too. This phone is glorious.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
My Titan (on the first full day of use) was off the charger for 19 hours and still had 7% life when I plugged it in. And that's with WiFi on all day too. This phone is glorious.
I'm at 14 hours unplugged with 32% left on my Focus S.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

24 hours with 20% left on my Focus Flash...4G and wifi when available over the course of the day :)

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
24 hours with 20% left on my Focus Flash...4G and wifi when available over the course of the day :)

There's no 4G ATT coverage here. Let alone 3G. Which is why I leave it on Wifi so much lol. But it is a great phone and gets way better battery life than my HD7 ever has/did.

Asilentecho1

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I've had the same annoying wifi problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs