power issues

Budroid

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
In the past two days, my phone has randomly turned itself off.

Yesterday, I was at a customer site and using my phone (no WiFi) and i had been using my phone off and on. When I went to leave, I went to check my calendar and the screen wouldn't come on. I was going to pull the battery but decided to hold the power button first and the Samsung screen came up as if the phone had been off.

Today, basically the same thing happened - went to take a picture, pulled out the phone, and the screen wouldn't turn on. Hold the power button and it tUrned on. Anyone else seen this?

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Budroid

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I do carry the phone in my pocket but I would think that having the power button held long enough for the power off screen and then the screen sliding down to power off would be unlikely. But it has happened 3 times now and last night was a little different. I had the phone in my pocket and felt it vibrate. It was set to ring but I didn't hear a ring - still thought I was getting a call. When I got it out, it had just turned back on...as in powered off then back on while in my pocket. Or it could have been a random reboot I guess. I'll post more details as I can. Might have to get a belt holster :)

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It might be the battery is not staying connected properly as well, Try checking that out.

With the slide down, and it should be really hard to turn off in pocket. Pocket lint will not make the touch screens work! So it might just be a bad device, or poor battery connection, etc.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The reason i thought about the pocket, is the Focus S only 8.5mm wide. That's really thin and it's all plastic. It could be just a little pressure in the pocket bending it a little bit. Maybe effecting the battery contact. Maybe turning it off. Who knows.

A holster is worth a shot. If that doesn't help, then a return is in order.

Budroid

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
So, I do believe that the battery was disconnecting just enough to cause a reboot. However, I no longer have the Focus S. This past Saturday I returned it to get the $0.01 deal on the Titan.

I've been carrying the Titan in my pocket as my holster has not arrived yet and I haven't had a single power issue with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes