Samsung Focus S/Mango Issues...

StealthCrawler

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So I finally made the upgrade from a Focus to Focus S yesterday. So far, there are a lot of things to like...but there are a few snags as well. The serious problem is that the bigger problem is not hardware related.

Apparently, on the Focus S, you can only have 9 apps running in the background as opposed to 15 on the previous generation Focus. There maybe something that I'm doing wrong. Hence this post. So if any of you have experienced the same issue or have a solution, please let me know.

Some people might argue that one doesn't need more than 9 apps running in the background and that might be true for most. But not me. And especially when the old focus does 15. The other problem with Mango is that if you're trying to have a 16th(Focus) or a 10th(Focus S) app start in the background, it makes you jump to settings to switch someone else off. I'd say that's asking too much for the user to do. When an OS is being advertised as "simple to use", this shouldn't be the case. It should do something intelligent like, stop the app that's the least used.

Anyhow, my main problem is the 9 app limit for background tasks. That just won't do it for me, now that I have 15 on the old phone. Any help or suggestions from you guys is appreciated.

StealthCrawler

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So I went to the ATT store to check out what?s really going on with this problem. We pulled out a new Focus S and installed mango enabled apps on it?And voila !!. That has the same limit of 9 background apps as mine. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that either Samsung or Microsoft has imposed this limit on the either the focus S or all new mango phones. If someone can check out an HTC phone, that?ll probably answer that question. But either ways, it?s a bummer. It?s a big shame that old phones can run 15 and the newer ones can only do 9. You?d think it?d be the other way round. Anyways, I?m gonna return this one. The old focus will have to work for now.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Had to read your posts twice to understand. You are talking about Background Tasks, not Multitasking, right? Interesting observation though. I currently have 18 background tasks listed on my Surround. At one time they were all enabled, not now though. Never got any message either.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
As an added note though, most of the apps I have that loaded background tasks really don't need to be there. And I don't appreciate the apps that "don't bother to ask". So, honestly 9 is probably plenty, provided you can control which nine stay active.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium