Unlock or jailbreaking how to.

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a iOS user I was wondering how you would jailbreak or unlock a samsung focus s. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Chevron has what's close to a jailbreak. I personally just paid the developer unlock fee of $99 to Microsoft. You can then "side load" XAP files (the actual programs themselves) through a desktop app from MS as if you were a developer working in your app like they do in iOS. Microsoft actually embraces the indie developer and works with the Chevron Labs. I think the only app I have on the Titan is a screen capturer. I needed it to make better wallpapers and stuff.

I left the Apple world to avoid the cat/mouse game of jailbreaking so I figured why be official and enjoy the OS as it is. It has everything I needed when I was JBing an iPhone anyway..
for me at least.

Sent from my kick-*** Titan using Board Express

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Chevron has what's close to a jailbreak. I personally just paid the developer unlock fee of $99 to Microsoft. You can then "side load" XAP files (the actual programs themselves) through a desktop app from MS as if you were a developer working in your app like they do in iOS. Microsoft actually embraces the indie developer and works with the Chevron Labs. I think the only app I have on the Titan is a screen capturer. I needed it to make better wallpapers and stuff.

I left the Apple world to avoid the cat/mouse game of jailbreaking so I figured why be official and enjoy the OS as it is. It has everything I needed when I was JBing an iPhone anyway..
for me at least.

You do know that jailbreaking was deemed legal by the DMCA.

Sent from my JAILBROKEN iPod touch using Tapatalk

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You do know that jailbreaking was deemed legal by the DMCA.

Sent from my JAILBROKEN iPod touch using Tapatalk

Lol, today I texted a friend that I did the internet sharing hack on my phone...

...while sending the msg on AT&T's network! *duh*

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh and to officially answer...yeah I knew it was deemed legal. The cat and mouse game has gotten old for ne though. Apple does everything in its power to maintain control. Think Different is fine as long as it's done the Apple way.

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I wish apple would understand that once the product is bought they have no control over what the user does with it. Yet another reason why I left my iPod touch. And went to WP7.:D

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I gotta say the dev unlock is so worth it. I just side loaded Supreme Shortcuts the other day and now I have nice tiles that direct link me to settings that a few clicks away. Really handy for things like checking battery life and so on. Hopefully a color picker for themes is coming soon.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss