How's your 4G treating you?

tampacoder

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I get no signal (emergency mode) inside the building at my job. Its embarrassing since my wife with a darn BlackBerry makes fun of me since I switched from VZ to ATT just for this phone. I hope it gets better.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

randywintle

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am noticing better speeds than my Verizon 3G I switched from. Some spots where I don't have coverage that I did before. I am in a "4G" area (dark blue on their map, not LTE) and I am getting 2-3Mbps down and .9-1Mbps UP. Definitely not perfect, but not bad!

neshyd

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Quick question: Does the 4G icon indicate 4G coverage??

My speeds have been fast, but I think it's just 3G..

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Check ATTs coverage map, their 4G coverage is spotty, their 4G LTE coverage is even worse. Unless you're actually in a 4G area then chances are you're getting 3G speeds. There's also a thread in the ATT forum of 4S owners having the same problem.

randywintle

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So I just tested in a public area with 4g, non lte. My focus s got 5 down and .9 up. My wife's skyrocket got 10 down and 2 up... Doesn't seem right.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I f*cking hate AT&T. My "4G" speeds are not any better than my 3G speeds on my old original Focus.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I've tested both the titan and focus s side by side on 4g. The Titan is faster avg 3.5mb to 4mb+ The focus s gets about 1.5mb to 3.8mb.

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I've tested both the titan and focus s side by side on 4g. The Titan is faster avg 3.5mb to 4mb+ The focus s gets about 1.5mb to 3.8mb.
For the record. The focus s stomps the titan in WiFi. I've gotten 24mb with my focus s and I think 19mb tops on the titan.

cold war kid

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

No, not really. This is just AT&T tricking you into thinking you have 4G coverage everywhere so they can charge you more.

It REALLY irritates me that both AT&T and T-Mobile have been doing this. Their "4G" phones always indicate a 4G connection on the status bar even when you're not in an HSPA+ area. When you're under UMTS or HSPA 7.2 it says 4G when it should be reading 3G. I'm surprised they haven't done this for EDGE coverage as well, which is the only time you'll see your network indicator change.

It's flat out misleading and false advertisement.

neshyd

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
No, not really. This is just AT&T tricking you into thinking you have 4G coverage everywhere so they can charge you more.

It REALLY irritates me that both AT&T and T-Mobile have been doing this. Their "4G" phones always indicate a 4G connection on the status bar even when you're not in an HSPA+ area. When you're under UMTS or HSPA 7.2 it says 4G when it should be reading 3G. I'm surprised they haven't done this for EDGE coverage as well, which is the only time you'll see your network indicator change.

It's flat out misleading and false advertisement.

Ah I see. Yeah that makes sense, since I figured my whole area didn't have perfect 4G coverage. That's good to know, thanks!

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah focus s isn't 4g, despite that it says 4g in the corner, its 3.5g hspa+, that being said, I live right out of dc area, md side, and I get 3.5g coverage everywhere. I mean I have literally never been to a place around the area where the 4g logo is not showing on my phone. despite not being 4g, hspa+ is noticeably faster than 3g, i even tested my phone against my co worker's 4g evo and my phone was literally like 2 seconds slower in loading the same page so its barely slower than wimax from my personal experience

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05