The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    hey all,

anyone seen this one before? Focus S just out of the blue the phone app won't open. tile will vanish for a moment, then goes right back to 'home' screen. can't launch from tile or from app menu. hard reset of phone = no difference. did the manual 8107 update weeks ago, but this just started yesterday. chevron'd months ago, installed a few apps but nothing recently.

TIA,

Hank
    02-18-2012 02:33 PM
    Try restarting the phone I had this problem a few weeks ago it went away after the restart. Its seems to be caused by pulling the battery when the phone is on.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
    02-18-2012 03:17 PM
    Try restarting the phone I had this problem a few weeks ago it went away after the restart. Its seems to be caused by pulling the battery when the phone is on.

by restart you mean power off then back on? have done that several times. haven't pulled the battery though... guess I'll try that now. edit: battery pull had no effect.
    Last edited by Mr_pither; 02-18-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    02-18-2012 03:22 PM
    So to clarify. You have already tried a "hard" reset, which wipes your phone and restores it to factory fresh, with any added OS, firmware updates. If not, unfortunately that may be what you need. Have you installed any Homebrew apps, or done any Registry tinkering?

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    02-18-2012 04:50 PM
    No reg tinkering, some homebrew apps, but nothing in weeks...

02-18-2012 04:56 PM
    Restored from a backup using WPConnector and all is ok again it appears. Whew.
    02-21-2012 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD