I just got my Focus S in today, and I'm noticing something disturbing. My office is at the opposite end of the house as my router. My dumb luck, but that won't change.

I've had a lot of devices cross my desk, and right now, the Focus S is the only one that doesn't get a WiFi signal. Moat devices get one bar and hold it, a few get 1-2, this is the only one to get nothing. Is this a normal problem?
    02-22-2012 01:23 PM
    Is this a normal problem?
    In a word: Yes.

Sadly, the Focus S does not have great WiFi connectivity. I have had other devices that have been able to detect and hold a signal better. Still, it is better than a few of my friends' Android devices, as far as connectivity.
    02-22-2012 08:49 PM
    That's too bad. My old Focus, and my Captivate (both samsung's) had no problem what so ever.
    02-22-2012 09:20 PM
    That's too bad. My old Focus, and my Captivate (both samsung's) had no problem what so ever.
    Does it just have a tough time holding a connection occasionally, or are there othere issues with the WiFi?

The first Focus S I got would stay "connected" to WiFi, but would occasionally stop transferring data. Samsung had no problem getting me a new one. Now it just seems to have a weaker WiFi radio than other devices.
    02-23-2012 01:20 AM
    This is the first time I've heard of the Focus S having a weaker wifi signal. The Titan has a weaker wifi signal as well. I wonder if Samsung/HTC both decided to cheap out on the antenna.
    02-23-2012 11:21 PM
    That's too bad.
    02-23-2012 11:24 PM
    Does it just have a tough time holding a connection occasionally, or are there othere issues with the WiFi?

The first Focus S I got would stay "connected" to WiFi, but would occasionally stop transferring data. Samsung had no problem getting me a new one. Now it just seems to have a weaker WiFi radio than other devices.
    I have trouble seeing WiFi hotspots that are a little farther out, as well as holding what signal I get. Also, for some reason, I always have 5 bars of WiFi even when I can barely get a signal. That's also annoying.
    02-28-2012 10:30 PM
    I have trouble seeing WiFi hotspots that are a little farther out, as well as holding what signal I get. Also, for some reason, I always have 5 bars of WiFi even when I can barely get a signal. That's also annoying.
    If you are still able to hold a connection at times, and data is still being transferred, you may have a tough time getting Samsung to replace it, but it is still worth a shot. Good luck!
    03-01-2012 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD