Amused By Nokia Lumia 900 Hysteria?

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just had a thought regarding all the hype and press that's getting thrown at the Nokia Lumia 900. Now, don't get me wrong...the Lumia looks like a seriously cool device and you have to give Nokia credit for throwing all of its resources behind both the Lumia line and WP7.

However, as Focus S owners, don't you feel a little bit like "well, I've had an almost identical device in my pocket for months now?" Let's break it down...

-4.3 inch AMOLED display with near endlessly deep blacks and Gorilla Glass: check.
-1.4 GHz processor: check.
-8 MP rear facing and 1MP+ front facing cameras: check.
-16 GB internal memory: check.
-Huge, long-lasting battery: check.
-Modern, sophisticated design: check.
-Up-to-date Mango OS: check.
-Manufacturer software suite: check.

The only things I see that really differentiate these two phones are the fact that the Lumia runs on "true" 4G LTE, and that it, um, comes in blue. Am I missing a reason why this phone is THAT big a leap forward, aside from strictly in the marketing sense? :happy:
"The only things I see that really differentiate these two phones are the fact that the Lumia runs on "true" 4G LTE, and that it, um, comes in blue. Am I missing a reason why this phone is THAT big a leap forward, aside from strictly in the marketing sense? "

Its LTE. THATS the big deal. No one aside from ANdroid has had LTE devices and that hasnt given the consumer any choice whatsoever. SO in walks Nokia, who hasnt really released a successful smartphone inthe STates, and they launch a unique design, a fully capable full fledged smartphone and its LTE!! Thats why the public is going nuts over em(selling out)...its basically our device, true, and honestly, If samsung pushed the Focus S this hard, we might have had alot of adopters for it too, but they didnt. Is it just me or do any of you feel almost ELITE for the choice we made? I absolutely love my Focus S and even though I have been eyeing that Cyan model, I just decided to purchase a similar colored hard plastic case for it and now, I couldnt be happier. It added just enough weight to feel more substaintial in my hands, and it gave it a peppy new look that is exactly what I needed. In fact, Ive had the phone since November but afetr I put the blue case on, I have several people asking me if I got a new phone!! Its a bit mroe baby blue than Cyan but it matches the tiles enough to make me really like it. I hated all the rubberized cases because they are dust magnets and i didnt like the case mates because they dont wrap around the front of the phone. Enter random case while Im cruising on Amazon and now I feel I found the right one for me. (finally!) It feels like i could chuck it against a wall and it would still be in one piece!!

So thats all it is, cool colors, new design and LTE. We have a top off the line WP so no need to upgrade IMO. Ill wait to see what Sammy has up its sleeves for aplollo :D

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
"The only things I see that really differentiate these two phones are the fact that the Lumia runs on "true" 4G LTE, and that it, um, comes in blue. Am I missing a reason why this phone is THAT big a leap forward, aside from strictly in the marketing sense? "

:D
Its made by Nokia. Enough said. Do you want to wait for Tango to find out your Samsung can't be updated because they used a mix and match of components to slap their phones together. Again.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Its made by Nokia. Enough said. Do you want to wait for Tango to find out your Samsung can't be updated because they used a mix and match of components to slap their phones together. Again.

Could be wrong because I'm new here... But I don't think that's how it works. They (2nd gen) all have the same basic components, all that's different is build quality, camera, ect... The only way that your statement holds any water is if Microsoft has some BS contract w/ Nokia that states only they get future updates, and that isn't the case. Your comment is kind of biased. But your right, the 900 is pretty sweet.

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

That's just baloney. The Focus S is every bit as upgradeable as the Lumia 900.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I mainly chose the Nokia Lumia 900 since I used Nokia, albeit Symbian, in the past. I always liked Nokia's hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre