MMS on T-Mobile?

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
That is weird. I just unlocked another Focus S (courtesy of MS Promo) and set up MMS for a friend on T-mobile.

When you enter in the MMSC field and after a certain # of characters, the phone will pop up 2 notification...press "ok." After that, enter another character and again press "ok" twice. Do this until you're done with the entire field...Got another one to work for me.

Microsoft promo? Care to clarify? If not I'll probably use cellunlocker when parents add my funds to paypal since for SOME reason it won't accept a regular debit card!

wp7isawesome

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft promo? Care to clarify? If not I'll probably use cellunlocker when parents add my funds to paypal since for SOME reason it won't accept a regular debit card!
MS promo, a couple of weeks ago they were giving out free windows phone, no contracts.

I used cellunlock.net and used a promo code "android50" making it $20. The downside was they took almost a day to give me the code. Maybe they were busy? I've used cellunlocker before and it came in 15 mins, for $5 more it might be worth it.

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

I obtained another Focus S through Microsoft "Smoke by Windows Phone" promo and used cellunlocker to unlock the phone for my friend to use on T-mobile.

boredinclass

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
yeah i do have that on, weirrd, is there a certain file size i cant send?
my settings under cellular are
active network : t-mobile
data connection: on
dont roam
network selection automatic

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I obtained another Focus S through Microsoft "Smoke by Windows Phone" promo and used cellunlocker to unlock the phone for my friend to use on T-mobile.

Well Cellunlocker wouldn't accept my moms debit card, so should i put money in my bros paypal and go from there?
EDIT: I can't wait to throw this on a new pay as you go activation, in case you guys didn't know about this sweet pay as you go plan, here it is! http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans It's the $30 one with unlimited web and text (first 5gb 4g, I know we'd only get EDGE)

Last edited:

wp7isawesome

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
how would i go about restoring my original apn?

You can try adding the original one, I'll type it out for you.

APN name: TMO
Profile cat: internet (always on)
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Auth type: none
the rest are blank

If that doesnt work do a factory reset and then add the other one again

Last edited:

wp7isawesome

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I did exactly as xs2k instructed
------
1. Open Wireless Manager
2. edit APN
APN Name: Tmobile US
Internet (always on)
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Auth Type: None
Click Done

Now go back to Wireless Manager and check mark "Automatic APN"
------

I didn't delete my original APN, I just added a new one. So after I clicked "edit APN," I hit the "+" button and added the new APN.
Data has to be turned on in order for it to work.

Yep that's all I did and it worked.

drewsuruncle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the help. I tried the other day but didn't get it to work, but I may have forgotten to select the automatic apn. I will try when I get home tonight since my wife has this phone.

dejavu157

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This did not work for me. i even tried the first step wiht the wap.voicestream part and it doesnt work.. =P i really want picture emssaging

wp7isawesome

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
This did not work for me. i even tried the first step wiht the wap.voicestream part and it doesnt work.. =P i really want picture emssaging
So strange. I did the debrand and unlock to receive the latest samsung update but I'm pretty sure MMS was working before I did this. here's the link if you guys want the latest update Debrand and unlock your Samsung Focus S to receive updates immediately - xda-developers

Are you guys also using the wireless manager app that was downloaded from the samsung zone, market?

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
OK so I just unlocked my phone (finally!) and I was wondering if there was a universal, clear tut on this? I tried some suggestions you guys provided but I just made things worse... HALP :)

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Well I don't have data... (yet) so I'm assuming it needs that to set up that initial handshake with Tmobile? Anyways gonna get unlimited everything for $30 next trip to Walmart :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss