Why no love?!?

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok so this is just my opinion, but I believe that the Samsung Focus S is hands down the best WP, it even kicks the 900's but in every aspect other that (only in huge cities) and design/built quality (the lumia is thicker and heavier). What I'm basically asking is, why are these threads so quiet? There seems to be little development and hacking for our phone? It is the best WP available and the successor the the best g1 WP.. What's going on here?!?!

wp7isawesome

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Probably because of all smart phones, windows phone makes up about 1%. Just not much of us out there. But I agree the phone is a good one.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok so this is just my opinion, but I believe that the Samsung Focus S is hands down the best WP, it even kicks the 900's but in every aspect other that (only in huge cities) and design/built quality (the lumia is thicker and heavier). What I'm basically asking is, why are these threads so quiet? There seems to be little development and hacking for our phone? It is the best WP available and the successor the the best g1 WP.. What's going on here?!?!
My personal opinion is that it has a lot to do with the fact that some people feel Samsung only cares about Android, and the WP's they make are just average. I don't believe that, since if all they cared about was Android then they would not bother making WP to begin with. The Focus was a great phone, the Focus S is a really great phone, and I know 2 people that have the Flash and love it. I agree though, that the S gets little to no love, even though its a beast.

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I'm alone... There is sanity among the WP7 community, it's pretty underated :/ both the phone and the OS. Hopefully we will eventually get an unlocked bootloader. PLEASE devs ;) Regardless of what others think, I'll continue to use my WP

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
It was released in what...November of last year? All the issues are pretty well documented already.

I like mine for the most part. Well, enough that it--combined with a couple of the 900's QC issues--has given me pause about buying the Nokia :blush:

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, I totally agree, its one **** of a device and Im a very proud owner of one, but why would you want to unlock it? I think its pretty amazing the way it is and a working focus S is much better than a bricked one LOL. As far as to why? Well its an exclusive US only phone. The original Focus was at least available in canada and it was the HERO device of Microsoft's launch in 2010. I even remember it being championed on ATT's official commercials, like the one with the skydivers? Remember that one? lol Anyways, the Focus S was never pushed and Samsung decided to push the flash, most likely due to the fact that the flash is also the Omnia W released worldwide, and with the Titan also releasing around the same time frame, just as the Nokia is doing to HTC, HTC did to Samsung, basically, it was overshadowed....plain and simple.

You know though, I kinda like the fact that it was. I feel special, different, elite, a cut above....I thought the minute the nokia came out, i would DIE to get my hands on one...but after I finally did over this last weekend, I realized that it still isnt as special as my samsung focus s. Ive been a huge WIndows Phone fan and I waited, and waited , and waited!! for the right device...I even waited out my Verizon contract so I could go with whatever carrier had the phone I wanted. Then, I went to one of those "windows phone inner circle" parties at the Hard Rock Hotel and I was able to get hands on with all the awesome phones that were out at the time!! The Toshiba ist, the LG jil Sander, the Flash, S and Titan, the Radar, etc...and I originally wanted the Titan but everytime I had the Focus S in my hands... it just felt... right! So We made the leap, both the wife and me, and we purchased two Focus S phones...and I have to say, I havent looked back since(for the most part lol)...it really is one of the premier windows phones to own, and I would recommend it to anyone!

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
The S sucks. Probably the most buggy of all WPs. Can't use haptic feedback on keyboard, freezes, lags, build quality sucks, etc. It's just not good.

Sent from my Titan II using Board Express

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The S sucks. Probably the most buggy of all WPs. Can't use haptic feedback on keyboard, freezes, lags, build quality sucks, etc. It's just not good.

I can only think you got some bummy ones because mine doesnt freeze, lag or have any bugs that I can find. Its been the absolute perfect device, and my wife says the same about hers. Also, build quality is suberb. If dropped mine numerous times, on both tile, cement, concrete and it still looks as beautiful as it did from day one. The paint around the camera lens has started coming off but thats because i didnt even use a cover on my phone until recently. Imagine, I have had an unprotected Focus S in use for over 5 months and the worst thats happened is the paint coming off. Drops did absolutely nothing!

My wife broke her screen during the first month, but just as the nokia lumia that was pictured on wp central, it just so happened to land on the corner of death, which we all know almost EVERY smart phone will break if it lands on that corner. So overall, build has been top notch as well. Im happy that you love your titan, it is a killer device, but saying the Focus S sucks is totally unnecessary. It just wasnt your cup o' tea, and thats perfectly fine! Enjoy your WP!!

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

Definitely not true in my use. It has been amazing! I never had any of those "software specific" problems even before my forced update? Build quality is phenomenal as I to drop it quite frequently XD Even with a cheap silicon case it's the same thickness as my mom's Titan (my dad really wanted a big phone for his bear paws so I got him it, ended up being my mom's) And I can tell you it is sooo smooth, smoother than the Titan, the Lumias, you should really try it before flaming other devices my friend.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I had used an S for 6 months, I know what I'm talking about. And go turn on the keyboard sound, then go type something. See how much you like it then.

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
My sound is on as I type this very paragraph, there is absolutely 0 ms of lag, like someone said, maybe you had a defective unit? I don't know but mine is flawless and I couldn't ask for anything better! (maybe GSIII)

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Most of the windows phones don't differ much. Of course there is the quality of the device, which can be a matter of opinion. Some people like myself prefer bigger thicker more substantial feeling phones. I don't like thin phones and some others are the same. Processors aren't so different. Software, not so different as well. Camera is the only area where I believe windows phones truly are different. We all know the Lumia 900 has a sub par camera. Score one for Samsung and HTC. Reception and signal on the Lumia is GREAT. Can't speak on other WP phones,but the reception on this Lumia is better than any android I ever had.

Battery life on the Lumia overall is great too. The screen on the Lumia is the best period. I'd say its a matter of opinion again, but yeah there was that article that even said so. ;)

What I don't get is the animosity towards Lumia 9ps. Its new, it looks different and appealing, and Nokia is probably backing it more than other companies back their WP phones. Yeah, this is Nokias push to be more relevant again, but so be it. Yes, throw me all the support you can Nokia.

My advice to you folks is love your device and support it as long as it's treating you right. Quit trying to compete against your own WP brethren.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My sound is on as I type this very paragraph, there is absolutely 0 ms of lag, like someone said, maybe you had a defective unit? I don't know but mine is flawless and I couldn't ask for anything better! (maybe GSIII)
Man! Can you imagine what the Windows version of the galaxy s III is going to be like? Its gonna rule the world LOL! Samsung Focus S II is what I believe they are going to call it but I know that samsung registered a bunch of new "galaxy" names so Im REALLY hoping they give it a the galaxy moniker..

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I had used an S for 6 months, I know what I'm talking about. And go turn on the keyboard sound, then go type something. See how much you like it then.

I have zero issues with typing on my keyboard. I think you just dont like the fact that it makes clicking noises when it auto corrects versus just making a click noise for every input you push.

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Guys, either you're incredibly slow typers, or lying. WinRumors even made a video about it. Samsung Focus S audio/keyboard lag bug - YouTube

Look man, we get it, you hate the Focus S. Fine. But are you trying to make everyone hate theirs as well? Give it a rest. We love ours, wouldnt trade ours for the world, and feel that we have zero issues. We must be slow typers or lying? Maybe we dont need a "sound" to correctly type on our keyboards like you...could that be it? ****, I dont want to pick a fight with anyone, especially a felllow windows phone user, but no need to go on the offense. Enjoy you Titan, its a **** of a phone, but Ill stick with my Focus S , "bugs" and all ;)

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Look man, we get it, you hate the Focus S. Fine. But are you trying to make everyone hate theirs as well? Give it a rest. We love ours, wouldnt trade ours for the world, and feel that we have zero issues. We must be slow typers or lying? Maybe we dont need a "sound" to correctly type on our keyboards like you...could that be it? ****, I dont want to pick a fight with anyone, especially a felllow windows phone user, but no need to go on the offense. Enjoy you Titan, its a **** of a phone, but Ill stick with my Focus S , "bugs" and all ;)

+1
I own both Titan AND Focus S, and in my experience the S destroys the Titan, just sayin'.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Guys, either you're incredibly slow typers, or lying. WinRumors even made a video about it. Samsung Focus S audio/keyboard lag bug - YouTube

Wow, negative much???

My wife owns the Titan, I own the "S". Her keyboard disappears more, her screen freezes more (my "S" never does), her call quality and reception is worse than mine (not even close), and when we first got them we would launch similar commands to see how they performed and the "S" won nearly every time. Typing problems?? REALLY?? I have not had a second of trouble, and yours is the first I can think of on this thread. And this thread STARTED with someone bragging on how much they loved their device.

You got a bad unit. Sorry you did. Glad you did not hold it against the WP OS, and that you got the Titan and enjoy it. There were areas where the Titan outperformed the "S", like camera performance, speaker, and some others. More power to ya.

As to the quiet threads, the Focus S did not take off in sales despite great reviews and glowing word of mouth. Samsung did promote the Focus Flash with a commercial, but overall there wasn't a ton of push for it. Those of us who got one love it, and those that didn't give it a chance really missed out.

I am hoping the Focus 2 with LTE has some good sales through the summer. I want Samsung to stay in the WP game. I know that Nokia is the immediate hope for WP, and the only OEM that is going all in. But a motivated Samsung is a company that just nails their devices.

I second the notion that the "S" is a better device than the 900. The Nokia's screen is better in the sunlight, has LTE, some neat colors, and better support. But comfort, performance, call quality and vibrant screen all go to Sammy. The Nokia is the same size and weight of the Titan without the advantage of a 4.7" screen. I find the hard edges uncomfortable in the hand. The "S" launched with no real faults and no real problems. I will happily use this bad boy until we see what rolls out for WP8.

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow, negative much???

My wife owns the Titan, I own the "S". Her keyboard disappears more, her screen freezes more (my "S" never does), her call quality and reception is worse than mine (not even close), and when we first got them we would launch similar commands to see how they performed and the "S" won nearly every time. Typing problems?? REALLY?? I have not had a second of trouble, and yours is the first I can think of on this thread. And this thread STARTED with someone bragging on how much they loved their device.

You got a bad unit. Sorry you did. Glad you did not hold it against the WP OS, and that you got the Titan and enjoy it. There were areas where the Titan outperformed the "S", like camera performance, speaker, and some others. More power to ya.

As to the quiet threads, the Focus S did not take off in sales despite great reviews and glowing word of mouth. Samsung did promote the Focus Flash with a commercial, but overall there wasn't a ton of push for it. Those of us who got one love it, and those that didn't give it a chance really missed out.

I am hoping the Focus 2 with LTE has some good sales through the summer. I want Samsung to stay in the WP game. I know that Nokia is the immediate hope for WP, and the only OEM that is going all in. But a motivated Samsung is a company that just nails their devices.

I second the notion that the "S" is a better device than the 900. The Nokia's screen is better in the sunlight, has LTE, some neat colors, and better support. But comfort, performance, call quality and vibrant screen all go to Sammy. The Nokia is the same size and weight of the Titan without the advantage of a 4.7" screen. I find the hard edges uncomfortable in the hand. The "S" launched with no real faults and no real problems. I will happily use this bad boy until we see what rolls out for WP8.

You nailed it buddy! I just got my S for free and I too see no faults, I doubt we will see "full support" from Samsung though. I'd be totally happy with a reused Samsung Galaxy SIV (4) for WP8 :p I think Samsung AND Nokia will be the leaders of the WP8 pack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro