Samsung Focus 2

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Huh. Must be the Mandel. Thought Sammy was done with WP until 8.0 rolled out. Nice to be wrong.

Very nice looking phone. The white/silver makes it stand out. The 4.0' screen is the sweet spot for an all touch screen if you are not in the "bigger is better" fandom. LTE, too. AT&T is making good strides with their network, and I think this is a bigger selling point than most people think.

Wonder how the Focus Flash crowd feels about this?

Thanks for the link!!!

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
The Focus 2, by name alone would conjure up images of a powerful Windows Phone with stylings along the line of the original Focus as well as the Focus S, but alas, it is just a Tango phone.

The hardware specs are lower than the S, and along the lines of the Flash. This is Samsung's way of populating their lineup with a Tango device.

They are waiting more for Windows Phone 8 "Apollo", or whatever the name might turn out to be, as well as all of the other manufacturers, too. Those devices are supposed to be more on par with newer Android devices hardware wise. Microsoft is hurting the platform with lesser appearing hardware specs.

People who do not follow technology a lot know when a dual core processor is better than a single core processor. I would not buy a laptop with a single core Pentium over a dual or quad core i5 or i7. I know it does not mean the same thing in the mobile market, but to some people, horsepower is king, whether the device utilizes it all or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786