Anyone get the Tango update?

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. I guess at that low volume, since the pop was never as loud as the music, I couldn't hear anything.

I have to say I'm now sorely tempted to pick up a Focus S to tide me over until the 2nd gen WP8 phones drop (unless I'm flush with cash again by Gen 1 WP8).

It's mainly the 4.3" screen I'm after. That being said, there's a naggin part of me that's just saying "wait it out dumb-*** and pick up a WP8, it's only another 3-4 months"!

Ahhh, decisions, decision.........

I'd still like to hear from anyone else that's managed this update and done some audio testing.

turbulent

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
@turbulent, how did you go about doing that? Are you talking about side loading?

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Download the cab files from xda :
[CAB] Official WP7 Updates List: 7.10.8773 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates - xda-developers

(you could download the links one by one or go to post 1055 where someone zipped all the files you need)

then follow this guide:
http://www.windowscentral.com/force-updating-your-windows-phone-os-build-8107-tutorial

for the focus S, you need to have all 22 language cabs installed. It wont work if any of them are missing

Also, some people reported having trouble upgrading when they tried to make the jump from 7720 to 8379. The solution is to gradually upgrade

7720 to 8107

8107 to 8112

8112 to 8379

Its very simple. Prob 15 minutes to upgrade to each version

turbulent

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
I have to say I'm now sorely tempted to pick up a Focus S to tide me over until the 2nd gen WP8 phones drop (unless I'm flush with cash again by Gen 1 WP8).

It's mainly the 4.3" screen I'm after. That being said, there's a naggin part of me that's just saying "wait it out dumb-*** and pick up a WP8, it's only another 3-4 months"!

Ahhh, decisions, decision.........

I'd still like to hear from anyone else that's managed this update and done some audio testing.

just used the aux cable on my way to work this morning. No pop between songs. Ill have to check where my audio levels were, but honestly, im very happy that fix is here. Saves my speakers.

Im on stock mazda 3 radio

turbulent

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone know if the lumia 900 will get it??

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Im assuming everyone should get it. Just a matter of when.

I forced because im on straight talk. Wouldnt be coming my way without a force upgrade.

7.8 comes directly from microsoft, so everyone should be getting that at the same time i assume

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
just used the aux cable on my way to work this morning. No pop between songs. Ill have to check where my audio levels were, but honestly, im very happy that fix is here. Saves my speakers.

Im on stock mazda 3 radio

This is sounding promising. Now I'm just trying to read all the Tango update stuff so I can ensure that its still possible to windowbreak and keep interop unlock after update.

I'm getting quite excited now by the thought of a new device.

Dammit though, maybe I should just wait. Arrrrggggh!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

davidkhou

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Just installed it on my Focus S tonight. For me, it looks like the popping sound between tracks is gone when playing music stored on the device. There is still a slight pop between tracks when using Slacker or MetroRadio.
I don't use my device that often for audio output via amp'ed sources like a stereo or car so it's not

turbulent

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
This is sounding promising. Now I'm just trying to read all the Tango update stuff so I can ensure that its still possible to windowbreak and keep interop unlock after update.

I'm getting quite excited now by the thought of a new device.

Dammit though, maybe I should just wait. Arrrrggggh!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Ok just tested the aux connection in my way back home. There is a slight pop but only when I press play for the very fist time. That is..when I press shuffle all..theres a slight pop, but nothing after that. I tried on several volume levels in both phone and stereo.

Regarding the interlop. I still have it. I can still sideload apps. There's another registry setting "app" that aims at avoiding your phone relocking. So far so good.

Still have windows pro tools working. After the update I window broke all over again and tested by side loading something form bazaar.

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Every time I try to update I get an error maybe because of interop unlock and force to 8107. I used Mr. Burrns way here on the S forum.

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Download the cab files from xda :
[CAB] Official WP7 Updates List: 7.10.8773 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates - xda-developers

(you could download the links one by one or go to post 1055 where someone zipped all the files you need)

then follow this guide:
http://www.windowscentral.com/force-updating-your-windows-phone-os-build-8107-tutorial

for the focus S, you need to have all 22 language cabs installed. It wont work if any of them are missing

Also, some people reported having trouble upgrading when they tried to make the jump from 7720 to 8379. The solution is to gradually upgrade

7720 to 8107

8107 to 8112

8112 to 8379

Its very simple. Prob 15 minutes to upgrade to each version

I am just going to say that you can skip 8379 and go to 8773.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I also only used the English language pack. Its device specific. Use language and version history by heathcliff74 to get a list of ones you have to use.

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the update last night after doing the force wi-fi method. Anyone else notice an increase in battery life with the update. Im usually dead by 4pm and today. Almost 80% battery left at 2:10

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Forced update my S to Tango....

Be warned...If you're on Tmobile, do not update the new firmware. It'll break your mms. Tried every trick and couldn't get MMS to work.

Restored back to mango, updated to Tango without the firmware and everything works. Once in a while I lose all data connection and have to restart the phone. Got annoyed, so I'm back to Mango and everything is working like it should.

Jeff Corgan

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Forced update my S to Tango....

Be warned...If you're on Tmobile, do not update the new firmware. It'll break your mms. Tried every trick and couldn't get MMS to work.

Restored back to mango, updated to Tango without the firmware and everything works. Once in a while I lose all data connection and have to restart the phone. Got annoyed, so I'm back to Mango and everything is working like it should.

This could be coincidence. Last evening and today, portions of T-Mobile's network had major data outages which crippled MMS--at least for me and my friends.

T-Mobile Confirms Nationwide Data Outage - Forbes

T-Mo claimed all was fixed last night, by that story, but I had people having serious problems even today.

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure this issue only ever presented via AUX cable connection so wouldn't expect it via bluetooth.

I think it was narrowed down to some weird firmware issue that was basically the phone cutting power to the headphone jack when it detected a gap in music and then turining it back on again - causing the "pop" noise.
my aux / headphone cable experience was good. no pops even at max volume on phone into car audio system, though interestingly I get better volume thru the bluetooth streaming (and SO much more convenient... highly recommend it :cool:).

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
This could be coincidence. Last evening and today, portions of T-Mobile's network had major data outages which crippled MMS--at least for me and my friends.

T-Mobile Confirms Nationwide Data Outage - Forbes

T-Mo claimed all was fixed last night, by that story, but I had people having serious problems even today.

Just tested it again. Once updated to the new samsung firmware, mms not working. When I restore it, everything works.

sprout5533

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Focus S update

My wife's Focus S said there is an update available this morning. Updating it now. Still waiting on the update for my Titan. I'm in San Diego, CA. Anyone know what the "SAMSUNG update for Windows Phone" is? It goes through all three wp7 updates through 8773 and now it's doing the Samsung update.

Last edited:

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
My wife's Focus S said there is an update available this morning. Updating it now. Still waiting on the update for my Titan. I'm in San Diego, CA. Anyone know what the "SAMSUNG update for Windows Phone" is? It goes through all three wp7 updates through 8773 and now it's doing the Samsung update.

It offers several improvements, i.e. fixes the keyboard sound lagging, wifi driver hanging and popping sound when changing tracks (which was actually fixed in 8107), but be aware, it will prevent interop unlock in the future! Make sure you're still unlocked on Tango before upgrading, otherwise you'll have to restore from a backup.

I know this because I neglected to make one and am now SOL without interop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99