No Smsung update

heather70732

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
ok so I force updated my phone to 8773, but did not get the samsung update. What exactly does this update do, and is it an important update? I was under the impression it came with Tango, but after I got Tango its saying phone up to date and I tried for hours last night to "trick it" with no more luck. Is this an important update, and is ATT releasing it or does it come from samsung itself?

spd_rcr

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's needed or how you did the update, but you can get the files here.
So you can manually send the Samsung update to your phone via the cab sender. I'm watching the progress bar on my phones update right now.

Based on how long it took to do the update, it must be pretty substantial.

Last edited:

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
ok so I force updated my phone to 8773, but did not get the samsung update. What exactly does this update do, and is it an important update? I was under the impression it came with Tango, but after I got Tango its saying phone up to date and I tried for hours last night to "trick it" with no more luck. Is this an important update, and is ATT releasing it or does it come from samsung itself?

It fixes the keyboard sound lag and the annoying "pop" sound between audio tracks when connected to an amplified unit (i.e.car stereo) via AUX cable.

There may be other fixes as well.

BE AWARE thought that if you are at all interested in homebrew and using your Focus S unlocked that the Tango update and the subsequent Sammy update relock your phone and render in unlockable.

It is possible to upgrade and keep these features, see my post here.

spd_rcr

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
BE AWARE thought that if you are at all interested in homebrew and using your Focus S unlocked that the Tango update and the subsequent Sammy update relock your phone and render in unlockable.
My phone is still unlocked after the update, but I have a regular developer unlock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss