Anyone having Compass Problems

Brian3

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems with the compass? With Mango my Compass never worked and now with Tango it still doesn't work. It says it needs to be calibrated, but even after a minute of holding my phone in the Figure 8 pattern, it still doesn't work.

dazza9075

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
keep away from magnetic interference, inc walls and electrical devices, speakers, power etc
second, i cant remember which plane you tried the fig 8 move on but try both, one doesnt work

dazza9075

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I will try that out. About how long does it take you to calibrate?
only about 30 seconds or so, but it depends on interference, basically do it outside....aware from the power grid....metal....roads.... Digital compasses are a bit of a pain to be honest, I have a couple an no matter who makes them you can have issues depending whats around you, oh an go slow, don't flap about like some bird.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I have kinda felt the compass feature was a little over rated on Mobile devices. They are handy when they work, but they do freak out from time to time.

My sense of direction is bad enough. That is why I have a compass. ;-)

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about compass, but I could never get my Focus S to calibrate its gyroscope with Photosynth.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs