Anyone else having issues with battery life?

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife's focus S battery is terrible barely getting 10hrs worth w/ minimal talk and some texting. Now before you say "turn this or that off" - I have. I've also noticed a few times in the past her phone will randomly turn itself on. Anyone else having probs like this with their phone?

One more thing it's finicky about charging with most of the time going back and forth between the Samsung and low battery screen. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bikedogrun

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
My wife's focus S battery is terrible barely getting 10hrs worth w/ minimal talk and some texting. Now before you say "turn this or that off" - I have. I've also noticed a few times in the past her phone will randomly turn itself on. Anyone else having probs like this with their phone?

One more thing it's finicky about charging with most of the time going back and forth between the Samsung and low battery screen. Thanks in advance.
Sounds like more of a h/w issue than not.

I've actually been surprised at the strong battery life my Focus S is getting. I'm a pretty heavy user yet always have 20-25% left @ bedtime. This is with lots of music streaming, emails, a few calls and most days a 90 minute run while playing music and using a run tracking app concurrently.

/BD

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I think the issue might be how the battery is making its connection. Get this, my battery life has been extrememly good, sometimes Id even get two days worth of use if it was minimal(texting/talking) and then all of a sudden, after this last weekend, Im lucky if i get through the day(and by day i mean 8-10 hours!!). Just this am, I noticed my battery was extrememly low so I charged it before work and confirmed, my battery was at 100 percent at 8 this am. I checked my phone at 1030 and it was at 52 percent!!! So I did download a few apps over the weekend so i uninstalled them, then I made sure about background tasks but those were exactly the same as usual but I did do one thing over the weekend that I havent done in months....and thats pull the battery out of my phone. I did it to compare batteries with my Galaxy S II friend and ever since, its been this horrendous battery life. SO Im concluding this was it, so I took out the battery, cleaned eeverything up, and put it back together, nice and easy. I will report back if this fixed the issue.....

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Thats the issue!!! Today, same exact morning as yesterday however I have 88 percent versus 52 percent. So the issue is if you have pulled the battery recently, when you place dit back in, it must not be making a solid connection. Take the battery out, just dust everything off, and then place it carefully back into place and start er up. That should fix the issue. :)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thats the issue!!! Today, same exact morning as yesterday however I have 88 percent versus 52 percent. So the issue is if you have pulled the battery recently, when you place dit back in, it must not be making a solid connection. Take the battery out, just dust everything off, and then place it carefully back into place and start er up. That should fix the issue. :)
That makes sense. My "S" almost never runs out of juice, and I use it a ton. It not having a good seal on the contacts sound pretty logic driven to me...

dazza9075

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
actually that doesnt make much sense, dropping grit or something in the middle of the connection would just increase the resistance and thus drop the voltage a bit, but we are talking tiny amounts and and well within -+10% voltage tolerence built in to most devices.

however, in saying that, the proof IS in the pudding so whatever it is you did do, must have done something to make it work!

in saying that, i cant remember if there is 3 pins on in or not and i dont have it to hand, but if there is a 3rd pin then its possible that an increase in resistance might bugger up the information coming through that pin which may in turn confuse the OS

Its well known from the problems on the HD2 that the battery controller can have big issues, the common one was WP reporting the batter full so stopped charge and reduced to trickle charge, the reality was that the battery was only half full so appeared to have twice the power consumption. We found that by using external chargers for it and having a spare battery you could easliy get a solid day or two out of a single charge, (previously it was about 4 hours!)

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I ended up buying my wife a new battery thinking maybe that was it. Still crappy battery life and still a pain in the *** the charge. I will look into cleaning the connections on the phone itself and report back.

davidkhou

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem recently as well. Reseating the battery as suggested seemed to to the trick for me as well.

About a week later, though, the phone would randomly turn itself off; this problem lasted for about 2-3 days, but all seems well now for me after another reseating.

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem recently as well. Reseating the battery as suggested seemed to to the trick for me as well.

About a week later, though, the phone would randomly turn itself off; this problem lasted for about 2-3 days, but all seems well now for me after another reseating.
Yeah, something tells me that the way the battery sits in there , there must be the smallest of gaps and if the battery comes unseated or jolted too hard, it results in the absolute worst battery life and/or random shutdowns....

As with you, whenever I have reseated the battery, all these issues go away...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234