Taking amazing pictures with your Focus S...

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I was playing around with ALOT of settings over the weekend and I have to say, Im super stoked over what I found.

Metering - Default is center weighed but Matrix or spot deliver SUPERIOR results. Spot is excellent if you want to highlight whatever it is you snap, with the majority of light all centered in the middle. Matrix gives a more uniformed picture, with light spread evenly across the image, and its best for your default IMO. Though many times, i go back between the two depending on what Im shooting.

ISO - Lower the number if you have good lighting, higher the number if you dont. Instead of auto, now, I have it default on 50(super clear pictures with no distortion) and if i need the lighting, I bump it up to 400 and youll be amazed the type of picture you can get(without flash!). For the first time, i was able to capture beautiful candlelit pics without flash, something not possible with a low iso setting and with it on AUTO!!! I swear, the camera just doesnt know what ISO to give you, this setting is best left to you!!!

EV - Its another setting that balances the light coming into the sensor. You can test to see whats best but IMO, -1 is the absolute BEST!! I have gotten some amazing pictures, great detail, shadowing, in complete darkness, blown out lights, i finally feel im seeing the true potential of this camera for once and im loving it!!!

My settings:

af - normal
white balance - automatic
image effect - none
Contrast - High
Saturation - medium(high seems to really overblow the colors/create blur)
Sharpness - High
ev - -1
iso - 50(plenty of light), 400(very dark/dim want no flash)
Metering - Matrix:default(spot depending on pic, getting great results with both)
Photo Quality - High
wide mode - On
photo res - 8M
anti-shaking - on

Please feel free to share your own results/best settings :D Have a great weekend!!

c8m6p

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for these settings, they work awesome. The camera is really under rated on this phone. Just as good as my buddy's S3.

dazza9075

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
im a little concerned with my camera, its developed a red tinted patch in the middle of the picture, not substantial just a slight increase in red, I was pissing about with the nokia camera extras and thought it was that, but ive just rolled back to a backup and its still there, im going to update my phone and apps again, make a new backup and attempt the dredded Samsung update to see if the drivers in that fix it.

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for these settings, they work awesome. The camera is really under rated on this phone. Just as good as my buddy's S3.
I couldnt agree more, this phone barely gets the love it deserves...I truly believe it was THE device to own, due to its perfect size, lightweight body, and super thin design. I love my Focus S!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6