Newbie needs advice (Samsung focus S)

mrsatellite

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I'm new on this forum and could use what ever help I can get
I have a Samsung focus s unlocked and like to know how to get rid of the At & t in the apn setting and get rogers (my provider) there
I downloaded wireless manager and was able to get the data part working but not the mms
I have all the settings from my provider but cant get them both entered
If any one can help pls feel free
Would debranding help
Also if there are any apps that people strongly recommend pls advise
I appreciate all your help for the newbie:confused:

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
To set the APN settings correctly we'll need to know who your provider is. StraightTalk? Net10? T-Mobile?

Once we know that then the next step is to Google your APN settings if you don't know them or they weren't provided when you took out service.

Usually its then a case of deleting the existing APN under 'cellular' in 'Settings' and adding the correct ones in the Wireless Manager. Then rebooting your phone.

We need more info to be able to help you.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Its Rogers in Canada. I have all the settings ,got them from the provider. But canot get them to both work (data and MMS)
Thanks

I'll have to let someone with a bit more experience with the Canadian carriers chime in but I don't see why just entering the information in to the Wireless Settings app doesn't work.

Sorry I cant be of more help at the moment - its late and my brain is fried.

mrsatellite

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to let someone with a bit more experience with the Canadian carriers chime in but I don't see why just entering the information in to the Wireless Settings app doesn't work.

Sorry I cant be of more help at the moment - its late and my brain is fried.

No worries I appreciate your help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6