7.8 success on Focus S?

Podunks

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Where do I download all of the language packs for my phone? The updater tool does not have all of the ones my keyboard does...

ninny1176

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Worked for me on AT&T (USA) Focus S (Samsung SGH-i937) - I selected all of the available language packs. App ran, rebooted the phone a few times - which if you have a lock you will need to unlock the phone each time, and everything came back up after about 45 minutes. Excellent!:winktongue:

edm4life

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah, that's weird because I was sure that locked ATT focus S should only have 22 languages... I dunno if any win phone 7 has that many.
Updated on Sat via sevenupdater. Like some other mentions, I had a boatload of languages in keyboard and I also believe that neither Indonesia or Malaysian were there. Now I just need to fix the Market Place crashing with Error 80070057
Where do I download all of the language packs for my phone? The updater tool does not have all of the ones my keyboard does...
These are the 37 languages installed on my locked AT&T Focus S:
Samsung Focus S Languages - Imgur
The seveneighter tool doesn?t have nearly this many languages. Any ideas on how I can update to 7.8?

ben55124

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I installed all listed languages on seven eighter app -- ATT Focus S / SIM unlocked. It was hard to match languages since the list on the seven eighter app was not sorted. My phone seems to work ok. Where would I see problems if I picked wrong languages? If nothing else, try the seven eighter with all languages. If you need to restore, you will have a pre-7.8er backup that shows up on Zune.

edm4life

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I installed all listed languages on seven eighter app -- ATT Focus S / SIM unlocked. It was hard to match languages since the list on the seven eighter app was not sorted. My phone seems to work ok. Where would I see problems if I picked wrong languages? If nothing else, try the seven eighter with all languages. If you need to restore, you will have a pre-7.8er backup that shows up on Zune.

When I tried the tool with all languages selected I was updated to 7.8 but only the native apps and functions worked properly. Any installed apps crashed on launch. I restored from backup in zune like you said and now I'm trying to figure out how to update successfully.

Podunks

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site

Either non native apps will crash on launch, or the live tiles for them will look funky.

ben55124

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
edm4life - ok can't help. My 3rd party apps work with all 7.8er languages selected. I have 1 app (Easy Connect) that crashes on launch, but I noticed it also crashes on my L900 that was updated to 7.8 with the Zune trick. The 7.8er app is slick -- too bad it can't query your phone for the correct languages. Then it would be perfect.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Focus S, but I happened to see this thread. I noticed that you're all looking at the languages in the "Keyboard" settings, which is wrong. Those aren't the language packs you need to select in the seven-eighter tool. You have to go into "Region+Language" and what you need to install are the languages in the "Display Language" tab.

I.e. on my Nokia Lumia 710 I had English (US), Spanish, and Chinese (Traditional). I also have 37 fonts in the Keyboard settings, but that's not the same as "Region+Language"

Podunks

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Focus S, but I happened to see this thread. I noticed that you're all looking at the languages in the "Keyboard" settings, which is wrong. Those aren't the language packs you need to select in the seven-eighter tool. You have to go into "Region+Language" and what you need to install are the languages in the "Display Language" tab.

I.e. on my Nokia Lumia 710 I had English (US), Spanish, and Chinese (Traditional). I also have 37 fonts in the Keyboard settings, but that's not the same as "Region+Language"

The instructions by the creator of the 7eighter tool say to look in the keyboard section of settings. That is why we are going off of that.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Go figure! It doesn't really explain all that much about which language packs to use on windowsphonehacker (Want Windows Phone 7.8 now? Try this easy tool (Update: Now supports 7720) - Windows Phone Hacker). it really doesn't make sense to install a whole language pack for just the keyboard fonts.

Either way I just know it worked on the 710 with installing just the display fonts. No error messages. I'm still able to use the keyboard languages just fine. (I swap between German / English all the time) But of course every phone could be different.

edm4life

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I have 22 languages installed under display languages on my locked AT&T Focus S:
Samsung Focus S Display Languages - Imgur
Do these languages correspond to those in the seveneighter tool? Should I try updating by selecting only my default language in the tool (English US)?

sparky109

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
So is anyone having luck with the zune force trick? Yesterday, i was able to get all updates through this way on my locked phone but not the final 7.8 update. Forced zune seems to have stopped working at this point. Any advice? Thanks!

othercents

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So is anyone having luck with the zune force trick? Yesterday, i was able to get all updates through this way on my locked phone but not the final 7.8 update. Forced zune seems to have stopped working at this point. Any advice? Thanks!

Doesn't work for me. I have a SIM unlocked phone, but not an interop-unlock.

Vibbareno

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have the focus S and was patiently waiting for the update....but got tired of waiting and did the seven-eighter worked flawlessly. I also did on the htc surround worked flawlessly on that also.....no more waiting...took about 20 mins at most.....very easy....I'll put the link ....Vibbareno
New tool helps make installing the Windows Phone 7.8 update slightly easier | Windows Phone Central

PS: select all the languages and then let it go.....do not disconnect until the very end when it says congrats you are updated......because looks like at one point its done but it's not the computer will tell you when it's done.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel