There are three things you cannot beat:

1) Mother Nature.
    2) Father Time.
    3) Cousin Gravity.

As I can sadly promise, put your phone in a case, encase it in bubble wrap, and carry it in the middle of a feather pillow all you want. If you drop your phone enough, it will break.

And I have finally pushed my beloved Samsung Focus S to the breaking point. One drop too many at work, and the screen is responding only half the time, the USB port only works a third of the time, and sometimes the phone won't even shut off, leading to intersting pocket dialing to friends, setting changes, and general mobile mayhem. I have no choice but to retire it.

It has been, by far, the best device I have ever owned. Smooth, dependable, and yes extremely tough. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about it. I was so happy with it, that my decision to give Sammy first crack at my next purchase was serious, up until I saw how little emphasis they were putting on the ATIV S, and how few markets they actually released it in. Now, only if I was forced to go Android (shudders a little) would Sammy get that honor. But, the point is I loved my "S" that much.

So, as my wife has moved on to a new-in-box Samsung Galaxy Note LTE for work purposes, I have adopted her Titan 2. Hopefully, it will last the rest of 2013, until contracts from my family are up and we decide our mobile future. She liked her T2, and has had it for less then a year after many T1 returns finally forced AT&T to give her the T2 instead. She treats her phone MUCH better then me. I am sure the screen size, the feel of a heavier phone, and LTE will be nice and I will enjoy it.

But, dang it, I truly think my "S" was just a better phone. I loved the call quality, the reception, the screen, the size, everything. It NEVER froze up, NEVER gave me any problems, and performed at near top level my entire time with it. I am mad at Cuz Gravity for forcing me to do this. As these forums are very slow, I understand it is a fading phone, but it was easily one the best WP7 devices and I had decided to keep it through the end of my contract. Now, I am sad.

Please obsearve a moment of silence with me..........

Posted on Memorial Day, 2013. The irony is not lost on this Gulf War Veteran......
    05-27-2013 08:09 AM
    I would like to offer my condolences for the loss of your phone, but mostly, I would like to thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country.
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-27-2013 08:25 AM
    Mutt, thank you for your service!
    I also used a focus s for a good year and then moved to l920. I thought the 920 would be as beloved as the s but it suffered from build quality issues, heat and bad battery issues, and the dusted ffc in many units. Meanwhile, my wife happily took over ownership of my s (with 7.8) after problems with her 820 shutting off randomly. She likes the camera and how lite and thin the sammy is. Now I am using her replacement 820 (decent phone) as she staked her claim. At&t finally offered an HTC One in exchange for the 920. I took it and will promptly sell it in order to use the $$ for the next WP from Nokia or Samsung.
    I still look at my old phone with admiration as my wife uses it. Sometimes I get a cloth and clean it for her or check the tile layout to make sure its set up properly. She sees it as a cell phone, I see it as an old friend and companion;);)
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-27-2013 08:42 AM
    I would like to offer my condolences for the loss of your phone, but mostly, I would like to thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country.
    I appreciate both!!

But please do not confuse me with those truly bravemen and women who stood on the front line. My ship was in the Gulf during the first war, but the Army and Marines were the ones who desearve the thanks. I am in awe of their dedication.
    05-27-2013 08:44 AM
    ........I still look at my old phone with admiration as my wife uses it. Sometimes I get a cloth and clean it for her or check the tile layout to make sure its set up properly. She sees it as a cell phone, I see it as an old friend and companion;);)
    Don't you hate it when the tiles are messed up??

:-)
    05-27-2013 08:50 AM
    Don't want to stray off topic, but I think every veteran who served their country is deserving of great appreciation and gratitude. I'm sure that whatever capacity was served, it had it's specific purpose. With today's all volunteer military, I have to admire the patriotism and dedication displayed by all our men and women in the armed forces. To all our veterans - those who are still with us, and those who are no longer with us - thank you for protecting our freedoms. God bless!
    05-27-2013 08:57 AM
    Somehow my wife deletes tiles or leaves gaps between tiles. Also, doesn't unpin directions to an old address, etc... I go in all OCD every once in awhile and clean it up. Focus S is slick with 7.8 (unofficial).
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-27-2013 12:20 PM
    Me too.

Thank you for your service.
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-27-2013 10:08 PM
    The Titan 2 is a solid phone, you shall not be disappointed!
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-27-2013 10:31 PM