Hello All!

I'm a new recent owner of a Samsung Focus S from a friend. I use it as a media/game player device and not as a phone. So I haven't been able to address a sound volume issue I have been having. I want to increase the sound. When I connect the player to my car through the audio jack it isn't loud enough. I tried to search in the forum, but have had no success and most posts are old.

I know at one point the diagnostic tool/menu on the phone had an option to adjust volume settings, but that is no longer an option now. I am curious to know if anyone is/was in a similiar situation and how one can get back to adjusting the phone's firmware controls.

I appreciate any input anyone can give on this.

Thanks!
    07-26-2013 01:39 PM
    You sure you haven't gotten a defective device? Because the audio jacks on all my HTCs have been pretty loud and clear.
    07-26-2013 04:39 PM
    Thanks for your very prompt response!

I don't have an HTC. It is a Samsung Focus S. Regardless, I think the sound is okay when connected to head phones or off the in-built speaker. It is only when I connect it to my car audio jack the sound seems low. When cranking my car volume and player volume to 100% it is somewhat loud.

Any other player, I've connected all play fine so it seemed odd to me with the Samsung Windows phone. I thought someone might have had this same issue or had the ability to access and increase the audio output with the newest OS version. I can deal with it, but it would be nice to play it loud and here my bass.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    08-01-2013 10:55 AM