12-18-2010 09:31 AM
47 12
tools
    Ah, only one of those I use is facebook and I already have updates from the people I want via txt message so I guess it doesnt bother me at all
    11-21-2010 03:23 PM
    The phone just didn't work for me. I loved the OS and the phone itself. Anyone need a almost new barely there case?
    Did you get charged a restocking fee?
    11-21-2010 06:31 PM
    Did you get charged a restocking fee?
    Yes $35.00
    11-21-2010 11:42 PM
    I ordered mine the other day when Amazon was having that $49.99 deal, but it's on backorder, so i probably won't see it until late next week.

I'm looking forward to it though - the concerns some of you have are actually pluses for me: I don't want dynamic updates because I can only afford the 200/month data plan, so having my phone checking for a lot of updates throughout the day isn't my thing - in fact, I don't want it transferring ANY data at all without my direct permission.

I would like to see SMS backup though, just for fun - it's not a big deal to me.
    11-22-2010 12:13 PM
    Im skeptical about samsung after coming from a captivate -_-
    11-22-2010 04:31 PM
    I ordered mine the other day when Amazon was having that $49.99 deal, but it's on backorder, so i probably won't see it until late next week.

I'm looking forward to it though - the concerns some of you have are actually pluses for me: I don't want dynamic updates because I can only afford the 200/month data plan, so having my phone checking for a lot of updates throughout the day isn't my thing - in fact, I don't want it transferring ANY data at all without my direct permission.

I would like to see SMS backup though, just for fun - it's not a big deal to me.
    I think the phone will be perfect for you.
    seaniccus likes this.
    11-22-2010 09:38 PM
    I think the phone will be perfect for you.
    Thanks! I hope so, I'm typically afraid of contracts. This is the first 2 year contract I've ever signed up for, so I hope it's worth it to me. Looking forward to it actually!
    11-23-2010 11:02 AM
    I returned my focus. I love the OS and think I will buy again once it gets a update and some apps. I live off of gtalk thats my only problem no useful IM apps. Im really sad though.
    How long did you have it? I am a tad miffed at the pricing policy and lack of fair treatment to those that adopted early!
    11-27-2010 11:07 AM

Remember to turn off auto backup of your pictures. That'll take a big bite of your data.
    seaniccus likes this.
    11-27-2010 11:33 AM
    How long did you have it? I am a tad miffed at the pricing policy and lack of fair treatment to those that adopted early!
    I had it for 12 days.
    11-27-2010 10:27 PM
    Im skeptical about samsung after coming from a captivate -_-
    ??? From a purely hardware POV, the Captivate is solid, gorgeous, and what I wish my Focus was..
    11-28-2010 09:27 PM
    Different strokes for different folks....

I prefer the focus over the craptivate...
    11-28-2010 10:40 PM
    Hardware wise the focus is better
    11-29-2010 12:43 AM
    Today's the big day! According to the tracking number, my focus left Oakland on Saturday, and should be on a truck at my local distribution center today! With some luck, the early morning shipping guys at UPS should find it, put it on a truck, and it'll lbe waiting for me when I get home from work! I'm gonna be refreshing UPS all day.

(And it couldn't come a moment sooner! The iphone 1st gen i've been using is breaking more every day - just last Friday, the vibrate function stopped altogether!)
    11-29-2010 08:52 AM
    ....aaaaand it's here!

The amazon backorder took almost two weeks, but it's finally here, and set up. Getting my contacts transferred over was kind of a pain though. I had to sync the old iphone, export it's contacts to outlook, save it as a text file, upload it to google - EDIT the contacts so they would sync with facebook in the people hub properly, and then finally sync and resync google with the Focus to get it just right.

Still, I got it, and the screen looks amazing. Slightly terrified of scratching it though - my screen protector won't be here for a few days. I keep repeating to myself, "it's gorilla glass, it's gorilla glass..."
    11-30-2010 08:53 AM
    I came back to my focus, I couldn't live without netflix. And I missed the smoothness of the os.
    12-07-2010 05:48 PM
    I came back to my focus, I couldn't live without netflix. And I missed the smoothness of the os.
    welcome back Jack !!!

the great thing about this OS is I can look on marketplacebrowser.com ever morning
    and look at over 100 apps added per day and some are very good and some are the same old fart apps or flashlights but its all fresh and will be moving up in january ...

again welcome back
    12-07-2010 06:08 PM
    welcome back Jack !!!

the great thing about this OS is I can look on marketplacebrowser.com ever morning
    and look at over 100 apps added per day and some are very good and some are the same old fart apps or flashlights but its all fresh and will be moving up in january ...

again welcome back
    True what I noticed using android again is that its really clunky, it does have almost everything its just all over the place. I think WP7 and IOS makes use of the device easy and WP7 is magical the way you glide around, and now with a working gvoice client all I need is a multi im client and im happy.
    12-07-2010 06:41 PM
    True what I noticed using android again is that its really clunky, it does have almost everything its just all over the place. I think WP7 and IOS makes use of the device easy and WP7 is magical the way you glide around, and now with a working gvoice client all I need is a multi im client and im happy.
    I'm sure it will come soon, I really think microsoft is listening I just wish they would release our requests sooner but I'm sure they are busy trying to get verizon sprint and other hardware up and running as well..
    12-09-2010 10:18 AM
    WP7 is the ferrari of Operating systems.
    12-09-2010 06:11 PM
    Just got my focus, loving it so far!
    12-18-2010 01:32 AM
    The multi-protocol IM is on it's way. I know at least one company is holding out for backgrounding, but we should see one with push soon-ish.
    12-18-2010 09:31 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD