New Focus Incipio Feather Case Zagg Full Body

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This is my 2 day assessment of my Samsung Focus.

1. Build quality: I like the build quality and I don't think it feels cheap plastic yes but solid in the hand. The shape of the phone being a little tapered makes it easy to know which side is up and down. Its a little learning curve getting use to only three buttons but still better than iphones 1 button. The camera takes great pictures and I have no complaints about it. Battery life so far is about the same as other smart phones. I haven't had any problems with losing signal or proximity issues. 4 inch screen is the standard and I love the super amoled screen. Call sound quality is good and the blue tooth hooks up to my car easily. The buttons activate easily and it takes some getting used to. Especially if you are coming from old still phones that require you to push a button all the way down.

2. Software-OS: The OS is beautiful, smooth, and easy to understand and I would say its a great start. Answering calls is a bit odd you have to lift the call screen then push answer. I don't like not being able to check the battery level the small icon on top is not enough. Screen transitions are amazing when you push the unlock button and if you don't life the lock screen all the way it falls back down and bounces(pretty cool). The strong suit of the os is its simplicity. I really don't think its everyones cup of tea but its perfect in my book. I do like the apps that come with the phone and the fact that you can remove them. I would say thats a first for a at&t phone.

3. Apps: Still very early but I like the facebook app but it doesn't have push. The app store needs gtalk, beejive or similar im program like yesterday.

4. Accessories: The body glove case is garbage throw it away and pick up the incipio feather and the New zagg dry install full body protection. You get the protection of the wet install without the orange peel feel.
DSC00967.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00972.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I initially bought the invisible shield, but ended up removing it from the screen, I just can't stand the texture at all. Am I alone on that?

craig.martell

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
I initially bought the invisible shield, but ended up removing it from the screen, I just can't stand the texture at all. Am I alone on that?

Nope, u r not alone. I originally put the Zagg on my focus. But I had to return it for continuous beeping. On the second one I noticed I like the original screen better without the Zagg.

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
is there any reason to use the back case along with the incipio? i ordered the incipio case and want a screen protector, but not sure i want to put the back on it.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
i'm thinking about the zagg screen protector only in conjunction with the incipio case. can you remove it if you don't like the texture?

With the original Incipio case (grey smooth one as the one the op has) I needed the back piece in order to tighten the case up. With the new soft touch Incipio it was tight enough without the back piece Zagg. The sides of the new one seems to go higher than the one that was available on launch day.

I don't believe the soft touch can be taken off. Its not bad. It makes the phone less slippery and the black looks slimming.

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
With the original Incipio case (grey smooth one as the one the op has) I needed the back piece in order to tighten the case up. With the new soft touch Incipio it was tight enough without the back piece Zagg. The sides of the new one seems to go higher than the one that was available on launch day.

I don't believe the soft touch can be taken off. Its not bad. It makes the phone less slippery and the black looks slimming.

great, thanks. i really only get screen protectors to keep fingerprints off. i think it's pretty hard to actually damage your screen with a full body case on otherwise since most drops hit the corners of your phone. you'd have to drop it pretty much straight onto a pointed object to make damaging contact with the screen i would think. i may just wait for something else to come out to minimize the fingerprints/glare, just in case i don't like the zagg.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
great, thanks. i really only get screen protectors to keep fingerprints off. i think it's pretty hard to actually damage your screen with a full body case on otherwise since most drops hit the corners of your phone. you'd have to drop it pretty much straight onto a pointed object to make damaging contact with the screen i would think. i may just wait for something else to come out to minimize the fingerprints/glare, just in case i don't like the zagg.

Yeah, me too. Its an old habit from the old WinMo days when screens were soft and plastic. The Zaggs cure after a couple of days. After that it really isn't noticeable. Anyways they are lifetime guaranteed so you can always try it and if you don't like it take it off and exchange for a replacement set to sell to someone who is looking for one. That's what I did with my iPhone 4 set when I sold the phone.

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I didnt like that case.

There is a red and black case mate case we sell that is similar to an otter box. I liked it a lot better

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, me too. Its an old habit from the old WinMo days when screens were soft and plastic. The Zaggs cure after a couple of days. After that it really isn't noticeable. Anyways they are lifetime guaranteed so you can always try it and if you don't like it take it off and exchange for a replacement set to sell to someone who is looking for one. That's what I did with my iPhone 4 set when I sold the phone.

oh i thought you said the zagg screen protector was irremovable?

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
i got the new incipio case yesterday. it looks really slick. feels great too. has a bit of a rubbery texture to it but not so much that it catches on the fabric as you put it in your pocket.

the only thing i do not like about it is that the protection on the top and bottom isn't complete, so if you dropped it perfectly on the top or bottom (trust me it can happen), you'll likely damage the phone. the corners are covered, though, so that's the most important part since most falls drop on the corners. i think this is more the phone's fault than the case, since the phone is curved at the top/bottom. the iphone was straight across on the top/bottom, so even a direct drop would usually allow the case to absorb the fall first.

looks like with this focus, unless your case encapsulates the phone 100%, a perfect drop could do some damage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12