Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
If I change over the T-Mobile because AT&T is so expensive
can I use my Samsung Focus ?
if not now will I ever be able to ...

dseiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
First you would need to get it SIM unlocked and then you would be able to use it. The problem is that you would only get EDGE service on TMO with it. Doesn't seem like it would be worth it.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I see
I have a friend that has a Iphone on T-mobile, he said its an unlocked iphone so he would only be on edge as well ?

That's correct, iPhones on TMobile are 2G only.

Why no 3G? Does tmobile use different bands?

Yes, ATT uses 850 and 1900. I don't recall specifically what TMobile uses, but it's not the same. Some international phones will work properly on ATT's network.. ie: Rogers in Canada uses the same bands so a Rogers phone would be able to use ATT's 3G network.

gdubyacobb

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I had a RazrMaxx that wouldn't do 3G on ATT but was fine on Vodafone overseas.
But my ATT iPhone works here and there.
Sorry lets get back to tmobile/WP talk.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Why don't you get the HD7 or wait for the Dell Venue Pro if they ever get it in stock?

If I were you I would take a look at the HD7. Any savings in contract price will be overshadowed by the price of breaking the contract ($350) or buying the phone out right ($499).

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the focus now and really like the Dell Venue Pro and Hate ATT Pricing
so my thoughts were when the DVP comes out on Tmobile I would give my wife the
Focus if it would run on Tmobile. if not I would have to wait and go back to Sprint
where my wife and kids are now ...
they there only option is the HTC Pro 7 and the last good HTC phone I had was the treo pro everything else was terable and everything I have been reading about the HTC's have not been that possitive, the samsung focus is a beautiful device and I can't even tell it in my pocket... the build quality is soo good I think the phone was build by the sweeds :)

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Sprint's everything mobile is definitely a good deal. If I were you I would try to keep every one together to take advantage of family plan pricing instead of multiple carriers.

if you were to decide to go go T Mobile I would seriously consider selling the Focus either private party or through Nextworth/Gazelle and switch your wife to the HD7. the Focus will run on T-Mobile once you SIM unlock but it will not have 3G speeds as the bands are different. Running WP7 on edge is not going to be enjoyable.

If you are set on the DVP, make sure you do some research to see how it is before buying because there are definitely reports of buggy devices of the tiny batch that has been released.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb