Newbie questions

bartsimpson

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Newbie questions:

1) Anyway to show contacts in groups or limit to groups you've created in Outlook or Live? Having a huge laundry list of contacts is difficult to manage if you want to make a quick call. Is there a way to just show contacts with phone numbers? Is there a way to create a list favorites for making calls?

2) Is there a way to group applications? I see the games go directly into games but it'd be nice to create groups so you're not limited to just scrolling down a large alphabetized list. I'd like to create groups such as News, Utilities, Games, Financial, Mail etc.)

3) Is there a way to create another page to scroll over to (ala iPhone)? Swipe once right to left and I get the apps, swipe again right to left and I get another page?

Any creative ideas are welcome.

Thanks!!!

raremage

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Newbie questions:

1) Anyway to show contacts in groups or limit to groups you've created in Outlook or Live? Having a huge laundry list of contacts is difficult to manage if you want to make a quick call. Is there a way to just show contacts with phone numbers? Is there a way to create a list favorites for making calls?

No lists or real contact management yet.

2) Is there a way to group applications? I see the games go directly into games but it'd be nice to create groups so you're not limited to just scrolling down a large alphabetized list. I'd like to create groups such as News, Utilities, Games, Financial, Mail etc.)

Many have mentioned this as a desired feature. Not yet but have to think it is coming just to keep up with the competition

3) Is there a way to create another page to scroll over to (ala iPhone)? Swipe once right to left and I get the apps, swipe again right to left and I get another page?

Any creative ideas are welcome.

Thanks!!!

There is not, but if you think about it, the paradigm is really the same, just 'turned on its side." Instead of scrolling right to left to see you additional pinned application pages, you scroll up to down. In practice it is not any different from the iPhone model - but it definitely feels different.

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I changed my people settings a little. I changed it to "only add Facebook info to existing contacts" and now when I click on people, it only shows the people I have a number for. Thats the best way I've seen to manage contacts so far

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999